The MacAvalanche

Comments

• chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    That sounds the absolute tits, but I bailed off on a blue route so I think I might just be a tad out of my depth :p
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sounds great, shame about the typo on their page though. :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Sounds like it will be a decent descent though. What's with the whole "invite only" thing?
  • Well I'm hearing that the entry pool is being limited to 200 names, and from that 200 around 70 or so will be picked "impartially and at random" and invited to take part.
    Others will be asked to stay on standby, if possible, in case anyone pulls out.
  • Anonymous
    If it was nearer I'd definitely put my name down. But, being that far away, and with my car's legendary reliability history, It would probably incur Sod's law.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Looks like a crazy event... The glencoe DH has some pretty alarming stuff on it too :lol: Thought about entering but I'm counting myself out on the grounds that I'd most certainly be killed. No Fuss always run a good show though, I'm sure it'll be great.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    the DH track is definitley for big boys only...but it doesn't go down it...
    track from the summit down the main basin , across the plateau and finally descending via the weasel to the car park below.

The weasel is a freshly updated/finished XC trail accessed from the plateau.

from the glencoe website at:

http://www.glencoemountain.co.uk/index. ... Itemid=128

38626_141412202553236_111429118884878_305511_5526910_n.jpg
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    How have I not heard of this :oops: Need to stop in on the way up to fort william and check it out, looks, er, different
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Glencoe seems to keep a low profile. It was only when returning from the World Cup at Fort Bill this year that I happened to glance out of the window and say "what's that?" that I found out that there was a doonhill course there myself.
  • Anonymous
    Hang about. They're doing a DH event, but they're using some XC track instead of the DH track?
    What madness be this?
  • cee
    Hang about. They're doing a DH event, but they're using some XC track instead of the DH track?
    What madness be this?

The megaavalanche is not a DH track though either is it.....

I heard the qualifier track is more like a DH track, but the main event track is a big all mountain affair.

Everyone would die if they tried to hit the glencoe DH track at the same time....even in the 'summer', you get people like Tom Lamb saying they are usually scared of the track and never feel like they are good enough to ride it!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Anonymous
    Thought this was referring to a new burger :D

Talking of which... http://www.bitterwallet.com/burger-me-i ... tack/32952

!!! :shock:
  • cee wrote:
    Everyone would die if they tried to hit the glencoe DH track at the same time....!

Well if I'm selected I think my tactic will be to hit the DH track some considerable time after everyone else!
  • cee
    cee wrote:
    Everyone would die if they tried to hit the glencoe DH track at the same time....!

Well if I'm selected I think my tactic will be to hit the DH track some considerable time after everyone else!

should be cool....the weasel is apparently nice and wide for much of it...uses some of the old military road etc...

course...some kind of sledge contraption for the top section might be an advantage....

they are even hoping to helicopter the riders to the top!

H.G. Wells.
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    I've entered - got to hope to be selected now.....looks like it could be really good! :D