Tour of Poland - Stage 3 - *Spoiler*

mididoctors
mididoctors Posts: 18,813
edited August 2010 in Pro race
30 odd k to go timmer plus 2 others

no one cares because this race is rubbish
"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Comments

• mididoctors
    Harmon and smith struggling... basically even they are reduced to moaning about the racing

"looks like they can't be arsed"
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    bugger. forgot my PTP pick!

Strava is not Zen.
  • mididoctors
    calvjones wrote:
    bugger. forgot my PTP pick!

added excitement... better than the race
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    These flat stages seem particularly boring, even more than flat stages elsewhere for some reason. However, have to say that there are pretty big crowds...
  • mididoctors
    FJS wrote:
    These flat stages seem particularly boring, even more than flat stages elsewhere for some reason. However, have to say that there are pretty big crowds...

yeah I guess I would go and watch if it was going round my block

I dig the neo brutalist soviet era architectural background interspersed with boil in the bag corporate capitalist towers of glass

good to see the hulk give it a go...
  • mididoctors
    that guys physique looks so wrong on a bike...
  • mididoctors
    and the ape man has joined them...good for them all might as well make a show of it
  • FJS
    They're making it interesting :roll: Greipel with Velits in the break!
  • calvjones
    bonkers!

Strava is not Zen.
  • All the sprinters are as bored as the viewers.
    One ugly crit.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • calvjones
    how much of this to go?

Strava is not Zen.
  • mididoctors
    the big H FTW...

Bozic fails again

Davis 3rd but wouter may get a demote who knows?

who cares
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    The sprinting in this race has certainly been 'interesting' it's like watching the end of a 4th cat crit, if someone sprinted straight they'd win just by covering half the distance of everyone else.
  • mididoctors
    the irony is the racing has been pretty hard on the riders (not so much stage 3)

also the lack of difficulty on the course introduces dangers as the bunch just spreads out sideways even in the corners.. hence the weird crashes on straight roads a zillion miles wide
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Why are all the stages finished with laps of a town?

Such a load of tosh.
  • Slimbods
    Slimbods Posts: 321
    What's wrong with this tour? Something just isn't quite there. Even the commentary is distracted, its as if they're just sort of noticing it's finished after it's happened. Is it the filming?
  • mididoctors
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Why are all the stages finished with laps of a town?

Such a load of tosh.

I don't mind a circuit finish but 7-11!

2-3 maybe
  • FJS
    I think it is particularly dull because:
    1. Wide post-communist flat avenues surrounded by depressing, grey tower blocks don't make for the most exciting loops, especially not if following miles of flat plains miles.
    2. After Dauphine, Suisse, and Tour de France you get in a rhytm of anticipating some exciting or at least significant cycling to happen during the day. If you'd put Romandie in early August it would disappoint sometwhat too.

Anyway, today into the mountains! :roll: