New Wilier

bulkydaddy
bulkydaddy Posts: 85
edited August 2010 in Your road bikes
12 months after buying my first road bike, I quickly realized the limitations of my Trek 1.2. fancying something a bit fancier I opted for the Wilier below. I upgraded the wheels from Fulcrum 7's to FSA RD 400, changed the stock 25 tyres to some 23 Bonty x-lites.

Wilier065.jpg

Both my summer bikes together - colour coded :lol:

Wilier033.jpg

I didn't intend them to match, as wiggo says 'it was a fluke'
The brave might not live forever, but the cautious don't live at all.

Comments

• Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    That's a nice looking bike. 8)
  • :oops: has the frame started creaking yet? mine does & it's driving me nuts, see my wilier b/b posting. Remember you can eat with false teeth, walk with a wooden leg, but you can't see with a glass eye, wear eye protection!!!!
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Nice. Pretty sexy bike. Was going to get one myself last year.

What were the limitations of the trek? What do you find this does better?
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Very nice. Must admit I quite fancy a Wilier Izoard Centaur. Persuading the other half is the problem.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • furrag
    furrag Posts: 481
    Gorgeous; The tyres go very well. What chainset is that?
  • Looks really really good, been seeing alot of these about. The satin finish is very nice, bit differant from what i've seen. I kinda wish I had bought one, little did I realise i'm two minutes away from the distributor of these, and they would of done a trade deal for me. Hey ho!
  • jim453
    Usually when people post pictures in this section they are literally falling over themselves to proudly reply to any interest in the bike.

Not so with this guy. Maybe the bike's in the loft already.

Or maybe he's not stopped riding it since it arrived.

Anyway. Nice bike.
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Maybe he's just ignorant! :)
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    jim453 wrote:

:lol::lol::D
  • cammer
    cammer Posts: 55
    Just got myself one of these also

Would be interested to know what components came on yours. Surprised with mine to find all veloce components apart from brake & gear levers (mirage) but also a lovely carbon record front Deraillieur :)

Loving the tyres you have put on and the colour coded bottle cages! I feel inspired :D
  • bulkydaddy
    edited August 2010
    jim453 wrote:
    Usually when people post pictures in this section they are literally falling over themselves to proudly reply to any interest in the bike.

Or maybe he's not stopped riding it since it arrived.

Anyway. Nice bike.

Cheers for that. Did it ever occur to you that this forum is not everyones priority? I'm not going to explain why I haven't responded, it got sod all to do with you.

Thanks for the comments, the bike was used in anger for the first time last night, despite the heavy rain and strong winds!!!

It was basically a 30mile crit race. Managed to get in with the break away and keep away
    until the finish. Can't put that all down to the bike, but it certainly helped.

The stiffness of the frame and wheels were the biggest difference, it felt a lot more responsive, more efficient. Gear changes were smoother and quicker and the carbon stays add so much more comfort. I always thought that the Trek felt 'tinny' and skitish but the Wilier feels a lot more planted on the road, certainly through tight, fast bends.

I'lve swapped the saddle, the sell italia saddle it came with wasn't comfortable at all. I swapped it for a Fizik Gobi, much better and would highly recommend.

Sorry for the late reply, I've had a lot of things going on. After riding 250miles on the bike so far, I feel I can give a better review.

Take it breezy

If this weather keeps up, the Trek will soon be called back into service!
  • cammer wrote:
    Just got myself one of these also

Would be interested to know what components came on yours. Surprised with mine to find all veloce components apart from brake & gear levers (mirage) but also a lovely carbon record front Deraillieur :)

Loving the tyres you have put on and the colour coded bottle cages! I feel inspired :D

I was surprised to find Veloce also! No record front mech tho, sounds like you got very lucky!

Other than the front mech, it sounds the same. Hope your as happy with yours as I am mine :lol:
  • rjh299 wrote:

Now that's an ironic post! Nice work.
  • jim453
    bulkydaddy wrote:
    rjh299 wrote:

Why is rjh299's post ironic and taken in good spirit when you totally spat the dummy in reply to mine. I didn't say anything offensive and wasn't trying to wind anyone up for a change. I even went out of my way to say nice things about your bike.

No need to rush to reply this time.
  • Oh man. Kicking off in here.

As for the bike, sweet styling. The Italians just always get it spot on. Nice touch with the rubber too.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    jim453 wrote:
    bulkydaddy wrote:
    rjh299 wrote:

Why is rjh299's post ironic and taken in good spirit when you totally spat the dummy in reply to mine. I didn't say anything offensive and wasn't trying to wind anyone up for a change. I even went out of my way to say nice things about your bike.

I think you've misread that post. I think he's saying it's ironic as he's (rjh299) being ignorant in posting such a reply.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • rjh299
    jim453 wrote:
    bulkydaddy wrote:
    rjh299 wrote:

Don't take it personally. I think his toys are all over the floor!
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    the bikes in the loft :lol:
  • jim453
    Aggieboy wrote:
    jim453 wrote:
    bulkydaddy wrote:
    rjh299 wrote:

I think you've misread that post. I think he's saying it's ironic as he's (rjh299) being ignorant in posting such a reply.

I think perhaps you're right Aggieboy.

Guy still needs to calm down though, he's obviously got a lot on his plate. Getting into a rage about someone complementing your bike on an internet thread designed for people to complement your bike does not bode well.

I'd lay off the crit races too until the ticker's been checked out.
  • bulkydaddy
    edited August 2010
    I think this has all gone a bit mental. Who cares? Not me?

Think we all need to hang out with our wang out for a bit.

The bike does look good tho eh? :wink:
  • rjh299
    I put the smiley face after my post to try and empathise it was a light hearted joke.
    Bike does look very good
  • jim453
    We're all agreed then, it's a nice bike.

I'm selling mine if it doesn't stop raining. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
  • Starting to think I should have got a cx bike instead! Raining here, and rain forecast for the next 5 days. At least I have the turbo :cry: