scott spark 2011 - 3x10?

Cj83
Cj83 Posts: 58
edited August 2010 in MTB general
i want a spark and have been looking at the 35. however i thought i'd wait for the 2011 bikes (which i don't think have been officially revealed unlike the scale and genius) because i thought they might come with a 2x10 set up which i like the idea of (and like the specialized 2011 epic bikes which i also considered)

anyhow a quick google search brought up this:

http://issuu.com/avantiplus/docs/my11_scott_er

says "2011 Scott Early Release Bikes - Aus & NZ" so i'll take it with a pinch of salt because i guess specs can change before any official release in the UK but the bikes here seem to have 3x10.

i know all will be revealed in a couple months and i should really be patient but do you reckon this is the way its likely to be for scott and others?

i guess they have to try gear the thing for terrain and different uses for wherever they sell the bikes all over the world but 3x10 seems a bit needless to me... if this is the final product then i'll def be factoring in a duo chainset with the cost of the bike.

(note it doesn't show the top end sparks on there so guessing they would be 2x10....).

Comments

• Not sure why you are worrying about something that hasn't happened yet and may not even happen.
  • Cj83
    Cj83 Posts: 58
    i know all will be revealed in a couple months and i should really be patient but do you reckon this is the way its likely to be for scott and others?

like i said, was just wondering what people's opinions were as to whether 3x10 will be a common theme on 2011 bikes... ?
  • I just got my 2011 spark 35 and it does have a 3x10. Can't see needing all of those gears, but will probably think about switching the cranks out to run a 2x10 at some point.
  • Uchiga
    Uchiga Posts: 230
    Shimano have brought out a whole new range of 10speed kit for the XT and SLX range and yer they do seem to be shoving the ol triple chainrings in there with the 10speed cassette. Not sure whether it will be a standard thing or not but it has certianly become more popular...
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    It's going to be down to the manufacturer used on most bikes, as Shimano are only doing doubles on XTR, whilst SRAM are doing it on X.7, X.9, X.0 and XX.

I personally think Shimano have missed the point slightly with their Dyna-sys ratios, but hey ho!