Night riding on Jack Jones

carbonfiend
carbonfiend Posts: 475
edited August 2010 in MTB general
out tonight though its hardly night as its still light down here till about 9.30 but just thinking why do I enjoy night rides on my own so much?

Billy no mates maybe :D
'..all the bad cats in the bad hats..'

Comments

• Mmmm Night rides, East London, Epping forest what you up to??????
  • UncleMonty
    UncleMonty Posts: 385
    I've tried getting my mates out at night but no luck, can be a little scary though - all alone in them there woods !
  • mkf
    mkf Posts: 242
    i'v done a couple in llandegla on my own, your right it can be a bit spooky but the quietness is ace.
    its the unknown thats what draws me .
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    out tonight though its hardly night as its still light down here till about 9.30 but just thinking why do I enjoy night rides on my own so much?

because even tame familiar routes seem manic and exciting.
    i find it most choice on a warm dry nite :D
  • biff55 wrote:

because even tame familiar routes seem manic and exciting.
    i find it most choice on a warm dry nite :D

See, I prefer night rides or those really crisp, clear, still, winter nights, when the temp is hovering around freezing.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,238
    I love night riding, I think doing it alone is a little bit more edgey because as you turn the next corner there just might be a cow in the middle of the path!

Moooooooove!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • rieko
    rieko Posts: 121
    Ive done a few on my own but for me the thrill of everything coming at you out of the night thick and fast is far outweighed by my fear of the dark :oops:

Last time I did one was little over a month ago, and a rabbit the size of a bear (maybe a slight exaggeration) jumped out from the tall barley crops on a steep climb on one of my local trails. I nearly shat all over my lovely white seat.

Id much rather night ride with a buddy thx :lol:
    Giant TCR
    Giant TCX
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,762
    I love night riding, I think doing it alone is a little bit more edgey because as you turn the next corner there just might be a cow in the middle of the path!

Moooooooove!
    Not sure what my wife would be doing out on the trails....

Wouldn't mind night riding in the boondocks but where I live might be a bit fraught due the trails being near quite a few local chav estates and we know a few of them hang around there at night. Would prefer to have back up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Here's me on my latest night ride..

splinter_cell_chaos_theory.jpg
  • was out again last night but good to see not the only one who enjoys the 'solitude' as I was heading home abut 9pm there was some guy just heading deeper into forest with an impressively bright light. I have had an episode where I as riding back across some open woodland and thought I heard a 'monster' behind me told myslef to stop being a dickhead theres no such things as monsters but then looked down and seen the big pitbull type dog thing closing in on me ! Needless to say I peddled away very fast feeling weird in the bum dept.
    '..all the bad cats in the bad hats..'
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Been solo night riding on the Chase since the 1990s. Riding the official trails in the opposite direction is quite entertaining. Allegedly.