reprimanded for singlespeed chain ring bolts!!!!!

rocketraz1982
rocketraz1982 Posts: 35
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Hey just got back to the UK sadly not for fun but due to a teminally ill family member :cry: .. However

Was driving up the main road to my house and to my utter joy I saw that a new cycle store had just opened result!!!! or was it???

So went in and started to look around not a bad shop I thought, so started to try and have a chat with the sales guy as I was hoping to get to know them and say I was here for a few months and would be using them for everything due to being so close to me, when....... My first question was do you sell singlespeed chain rings I need a few 32t rings something like a Salsa or Surly etc (I live on a small Caribbean Island and can't find a inner tube let alone a 32t SS ring :lol:)After a funny comment not sure what he said "Yeah" we should have that was the reply, ok great can I also find out if you have the shorter singlespeed chain bolts instock the response was.. Well look at the shop do you like it??? (Er what) I have to look at and deside over 50'000 products chain ring bolts aint my priority!!!! mmmm Where did that come from?? he then went on to say you live in the caribbean your not very tanned!! what do you do there mountain bike wise.. I said nothing major just run a few trail riding tours and beginners rides etc sell a few bits on the side, at hearing this he then went into one asking who i was sponsored by saying how he had worked with such and such company in that field then went straight to another customer and blanked me when I said bye :roll: .. not sure what his point was but hayho.. They just lots me as a customer and about 100 other riders that visit the UK from the Island every year looking for bike kit.
Not sure how a new business could treat customers like this and get away with it for to long..

I had to laugh

Comments

• neninja
    neninja Posts: 424
    Name and shame
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i don't quite follow. You say he had a conversation with you?
  • To be honest naming and shaming isnt my bag :oops: .. Im sure the local peeps will have the same treatment as there is only one other serious cycle shop near and that is quite small.. And just for the record im the least bemanding customer you will find having worked in the motorcycle trade for well over a decade I always try and make the sales man or women have a easy life!!

Just thought it was a funny story and a "how not to" do it..

May go back in and ask for my 1992 Kona to be rebuilt with purple parts and a yellow handlebar :P

Right ive been up now 27 hours going to hit the hay....