Tour of Poland - Stage 2 - *Spoiler*

FJS
FJS Posts: 4,820
edited August 2010 in Pro race
Current situation in Poland:

"11:40 advantage and therefore migrate into gray mustache. Na szczęście nikt ich nie odebrał. Fortunately, no one picked up. Z wręczeniem wąsów poczekamy do kolacji. With the handing mustache wait for dinner. Wygląda na to, że na bufecie jedzenie było na tyle dobre, że nikomu teraz nie chce się gonić. It seems that the buffet food was so good that now I do not want anyone to chase."

Just so you know.

Almost 12 minutes clear, with just over 50 km to go... !? Into the gray mustache! Certainly.

Comments

• The ticker is almost as confusing as yesterday's sit up wth a km to go.
    Goody, we should get to see about 50kms of flat, Polish tank country. :oops:
    .....then again, Eurosport go to WATTS which means no live feed, yet. :?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    FJS wrote:
    Current situation in Poland:

"11:40 advantage and therefore migrate into gray mustache. Na szczęście nikt ich nie odebrał. Fortunately, no one picked up. Z wręczeniem wąsów poczekamy do kolacji. With the handing mustache wait for dinner. Wygląda na to, że na bufecie jedzenie było na tyle dobre, że nikomu teraz nie chce się gonić. It seems that the buffet food was so good that now I do not want anyone to chase."

Just so you know.

Almost 12 minutes clear, with just over 50 km to go... !? Into the gray mustache! Certainly.

Ha! They spelled dinnar wrong.

Why does this race finish so late? It's totally messing up my PTP routine.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Break:
    SAPA Marcin (LAM) , STUBB Volume (OLO) , Gabriel Rasch (CTT) and MATYSIAK Bartlomiej (POL)

coming down fast, just 6:40 left of that earlier 11:40 advantage.

I fancy Volume Stubb for the sprint, if it comes to that
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Picture on now... Eurosport
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I like the stage profiles each day, the feed zone is marked "buffet"

wysokosciowka_etap_2_mnew.jpg

I just get images of "all you can eat" roadside stands, paper plates and soigneurs dressed in chef's hats.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    36 billion pedal revolutions... 58 gazillion heartbeats...and about 4m of climbing the 67th Tour de Pologne, in association with Skandia and presented by Czesław Lang
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Break caught. No idea how long to go
  • Last KM... Sky looking good
  • Griepel takes it...
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Last KM... Sky looking good
    This has happened 20 times so far this season. Maybe the kit's just so recognisable but they seem to appear at the red flag but vanish with 300m to go.
  • Sky still too early, or else they need 10 men in their team.
    All those trees and long, straight roads.
    I was back on the Tour stage to Bordeaux.
    Fell asleep that day, too.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    Kléber wrote:
    Last KM... Sky looking good
    This has happened 20 times so far this season. Maybe the kit's just so recognisable but they seem to appear at the red flag but vanish with 300m to go.

dont really have the sprinter with the real finish.. mind you in the smaller races they have pulled it off a couple of times but the return ratio is not that good
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    I think they were missing a man from their train, if you looked to the other side there were one or two stranded Sky riders and Kennaugh was left to do a long stint on the front before peeling off and leaving Sutton with a long one. Also, Sutton is no match for Greipel on a pan flat stage like that.