GT avalanche , could you tell me...

HairyHorse
HairyHorse Posts: 3
edited August 2010 in MTB general
hi , i just bought a gt avalanche of ebay and am fairly new to biking,
here it is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT
was it a good deal? anything i should look out for ?
thanks alot would really appreciate your opinions

Comments

• mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    It looks like a slightly older frame, but as long as everything is in good working condition, it's a pretty good deal. Great frames
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    A good deal at the price. You can always upgrade it if need be/ As mrfmilo said, a great frame
  • scotto
    scotto Posts: 381
    looks identical to my mates 06 aggressor, if the bikes in good nick then that's a good price yes.

I have the 05 as my second bike, heavy but strong and did me well for 3 years.
  • thanks, the front wheel doesnt have quick release, i think bits have been swapped about alot. do i need to change the wheel or the forks aswel? (its a bit buckled anyway)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    WHy would you want to change?
  • mate i think you should upgrade the fork to something like rock shox tora or recon :)
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    cool i got given an old one of these frames last week i am going to fix it up for my mate with bits i have lying around
  • tptvmbircn
    tptvmbircn Posts: 782
    when i got back into it i got an avalance many years ago, handled the c2c and everything good bikes. What i would do is not touch a thing, replace anything that may break, and do what a bike is made to do... HAVE FUN AND RIDE! honestly, knock the miles in have a good time and stop worrying what to do to it, you've got a cracking deal, keep it maintained, save you're money and when you're ready get a new bike, move onto something different if needs be :)
  • Looks like an 07 Avalanche Expert the same as mine. A good bike that served me well when I decided to spend some proper money on a bike, although it is relegated to family rides now as the Trance X2 has taken over.

Spec is different to mine as it looks like it has been built up around an imported frame but as long as it is in good nick you will be able to throw it around quite nicely and enjoy it.

Giant TCR Advanced 3 '12
    Giant Trance X2 '09
    GT Avalanche Expert '07
    Claud Butler Milano '07