Advice needed, came off bike, framework damaged, best way?

gareth82
gareth82 Posts: 14
edited August 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Topic closed, guess I was over reacting, (be gentle I am fairly new to the sport)

advice appreciated

Comments

• bones3027
    bones3027 Posts: 152
    war wounds, first outing on my reign saw damage to the non drive side chain stay, and today had an off at cwmcarm scratching my fox forks. What im trying to say is its a mountain bike it will get scratched dont fight it as chicks dig scars
    :lol:
  • if it really annoys you on the frame (as it does with me when i scratch mine) with that colour, go into halfords, if your lucky one of the staff will mix u up some touch up paint in the cars section, or u could just buy a touchup kit from the car paint aisle

or you could just stick a halo sticker over it, as i did on my frame when i took it out of a stand and a huuuuuge chunk of paint went with it :(. as the for QR, just leave it, if it still opens and closes, theres not a great deal of point.
  • Catfish
    Catfish Posts: 141
    Sorry to see you scuffed your ride, worth calling into halfords to see what they can do in the way of touch up paint as all ready suggested.
    Is it just me or are your bar ends on up side down, as in shouldn't the clamp bolts be at the bottom?
  • gareth82
    gareth82 Posts: 14
    Catfish wrote:
    Sorry to see you scuffed your ride, worth calling into halfords to see what they can do in the way of touch up paint as all ready suggested.
    Is it just me or are your bar ends on up side down, as in shouldn't the clamp bolts be at the bottom?

The bike will be booked in about a month or so to get its free six week service so I will ask them them if they can do anything about this, if not I will look down the sticker route.

Good point I never noticed the bars where on upside down :roll: , Halfords fitted them, perhaps I shouldn't let them fix the paint work (if they can) perhaps I should feel like the bigger prick for not noticing.
  • Catfish
    Catfish Posts: 141
    It doesn,t supprise me that halfords fitted the bar ends upside down, the fact the writing on them is up side down should have been a bit of a clue to the guy that fitted them.
    I have a list as long as my arm of things that were wrong with my Fury. It's just lucky i do my own maintainance and don't leave it up to Halfords.
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    Honestly, wanting to get it patched up every time a scratch or graze is going to happen is stupid. If you want to be a poser, then get it touched up, then cover the bike in Helicopter Tape to protect it :wink:

Me, I wear my scars with pride :lol:
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • Xiphon
    Xiphon Posts: 47
    Battle scars? Got cracked rims, bent components, scratches all over the bike, numerous scars on my body.... and metal holding my right ankle together.

Pushing yourself to the edge, and occasionally over it, is not a bad thing.
  • yup i agree don't fret the scars and scratches, but maybe lay off the dominos i spied in your picture and your landing will not be so hard in future :wink:
  • Bignige
    Bignige Posts: 223
    And please get rid of the bell, won't help your street cred!! :roll:
    Ride it like you stole it.........Yeah Baby!!!

2008 Spesh Enduro SL Expert
    2010 Fuji Roubaix 1.0 Ltd Edition
  • Looking at where the damage is and the angle of your brake levers, would they be responsible for the impact? May want to reduce the angle so they miss your top in tube in future if they are the culprits? Annoying as it's a totally preventable event.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    gareth82 wrote:
    I had my Touch HD2 in my pocket
    Why do people with expensive phones always need to feel the need to refer to them by name? What's wrong with "I had my phone in my pocket"?

Anyway, leave it. It's a mountain bike, it WILL get scratched.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    gareth82 wrote:
    I had my Touch HD2 in my pocket
    Why do people with expensive phones always need to feel the need to refer to them by name? What's wrong with "I had my phone in my pocket"?

Anyway, leave it. It's a mountain bike, it WILL get scratched.
    What he said, it will get scratched, just leave it.

And I don't even know what a touch HD2 is :lol: A phone is a phone.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5