Pace customer service?

sheepshifter
sheepshifter Posts: 115
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Hi any dealings with quality warranty issues with pace, on other forums nothing but bad press.One broken rc305, im waiting on a call what should i expect im just a tad worried on what ive read.How possibly can a manufacturer question your honesty and integrity and expect repeat business, brands arent just built on cool image and being pioneers one would hope customer service should be up there in priorities, and that customers remain king.
PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    They're legendary for it unfortunately. Highlights including "Your rigid forks broke on the 3rd ride because you didn't service them" :shock: and "Send the frame back and we might take a look at it". Which is a shame because they make some nice stuff
    Uncompromising extremist
  • sheepshifter
    How on this earth does a rigid fork need servicing its beyond me,what frame did you send back how long did it take.Take all big brands in cycling or not and reputation is paramount, wish me luck sounds if i need it.
    PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS
  • Northwind
    Neither was me btw, just other riders I know. The rigid fork thing- he was supposed to check before every ride to see if the steerer was coming out of the crown, apparently he would have seen it was loose and been able to send it back for a repair and that way it wouldn't have broken, ergo, it was all his fault.

The frame was the 303. Loads of them broke here...

1794960205_b80ec9e5f3.jpg
    Uncompromising extremist
  • sheepshifter
    Exactly the place my 305 has broke ive got a medium im 5ft 9 29" inside leg 80kg over 200mm spost engagement you watch it will be my fault it broke.
    PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS
  • Northwind
    Some people took to saying it was because the seatposts were inserted too far, I remember. No idea how that's supposed to work. Good luck!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Glad to say dealt with on a 1st class level new updated replacement on its way the new 325.5,along with complimentry carbon paste to prevent post slippage.One happy customer most def remain brand loyal.
    PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS