Which was better (Giro Vs Tour)?

2»

Comments

• smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    The Giro was outstanding this year.

I also enjoyed the Tour but it just does not generate the same feel of being a race that can explode at any moment. The reason though, as has been said, is that the quality of rider at their peak in the tour is superior which does turn it into a war of attrition.
  • paul64
    paul64 Posts: 278
    Sadly I never see the Giro, Vuelta or full calendar, I take it British Eurosport is the only way to do so?

(I despise putting £600 a year in the pocket of Sky- old local exchange means no clever cable options available)
  • DLH1985
    DLH1985 Posts: 56
    Thanks for all the comments and votes, seems like the Giro is the runaway winner. To paul64; there's no excuse not to watch the Giro and Vuelta - just go to steephill.tv or cyclingfans.com for live streaming and post-race highlights. After this poll I think the next step is to pester ITV4 into showing Giro highlights so that those without satellite/broadband connections can watch the best three week grand tour!
  • Woosha
    Woosha Posts: 150
    The Giro was unpredictable. The Strade Bianchi stage has to be the best days racing I have seen this year was just gutsy the way Evans and Vino fought that stage out.

It was GC contenders fighting for stage wins early in the race.