Castelli arm warmers

snellgrove
snellgrove Posts: 171
edited July 2010 in Road buying advice
Hello,

I want to get some arm warmers. How do the two models from Castelli compare?

I notice these don't seem to have a visible seam (must be on the other side, so inside of elbow or something is where it will lay) - so basically these are a sheet of lycra rolled up into a tube.
castelli-thermoflex-arm-10-med.jpg

Whereas these seem to have been cut completely differently, with a multi-panel design with seams all over the place.
prod_28476.jpg

Has anyone any experience with the above? The top one I believe is just a Castelli Lycra arm warmer (they do a thermal model of this one too called 'thermoflex') and the bottom one is called the Narcisista arm warmer.

they both look fine to me, it's just the construction I'd like to know more about - how do you find the comfort & staying power (i.e. not falling down your arms) of them

Comments

• bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    I have the standard thermofleece version at the top and have been impressed. Only armwarmers I have ever used so cant compare, but can confirm they have a single seam on the inside top to bottom, and a short seam running across the elbow area that is there to help with articulation. I wore them loads last spring with no issues from them or the seams.

HTH
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    i couldn't resist the narcisista's, used them over winter/spring, they stay up fine, no issues
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny