Fox Shock float RP2 lock out problem?

Tomzic
Tomzic Posts: 46
edited August 2010 in MTB general
So i brought a bike today second hand of ebay, and love it, BUT... I find that locking off the rear shock only seems to get rid of half the bounce.

So, is it meant to lock out completely, or is it ment to have bounce in it still?

or, does it just need servicing?

Much help appreciated, Tom.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    downloaded the manual?

does it really have a lock out? I dont think so.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Propedal doesn't lock it out completely, but half travel sounds a bit too much, its basically meant to stop pedal bob uphills but still take out bigger hits.

It could just need a service or a bit more air pressure, are you sure you've set the sag up right?
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    thel33ter wrote:
    Propedal doesn't lock it out completely, but half travel sounds a bit too much, its basically meant to stop pedal bob uphills but still take out bigger hits.

It could just need a service or a bit more air pressure, are you sure you've set the sag up right?

second that, i forgot to pump mine up on my last ride and my propedal setting was like normal suspension, try whacking some more air in it in a scientific fashion
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp