Any Active 10 GPS Users?

KungFooSausage
KungFooSausage Posts: 5
edited July 2010 in MTB general
I just got the bike mount through from Amazon for the Active 10 GPS and I think somethings up with it.

It came with the strap already partially fed through the ratchet. Obviously I want to undo that so I can feed it around the crossbar of the bike, but no matter what I do I cant seem to free it up. I can tighten it ok, but damned if I can free it.

Instructions dont seem to say anything except to slacken it a little turn the ratchet anti-clockwise a bit. Well Ive done that upteen times and it doesnt seem to un-feed the strap.

The ratchet heads have a pointer on them and the outside of the case has what seems to be an alignment point, but that doesnt seem to do anything when I align them. In the instructions it shows this in "Fig 1" here http://www.satmap.com/pdf/bikeMount.pdf but the "Fig 1" isnt mentioned in the instruction wording.

Any clues anyone? Im a bit stumped!

Comments

• camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    is it just a zip tie that is used to hold it on!!!!
    if so you maybe able to push the clip in the eyelet to free it
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • nope its not a cable tie. Im okay with those and re-using them. This thing is a pukka ratchet and strap with an allen key to do it up - and supposedly undo it.
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    Ahh right sorry can't help with that one then I looked at instructions an was baffled lol
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport