Accident on South Lambeth Road - 30 July

Applespider
Applespider Posts: 506
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
Was cycling in this morning around 8.20 and saw the aftermath of an accident on South Lambeth Road with a cyclist lying on the ground in the bus lane apparently unconscious.

Since there were lots of people around, both directing traffic out of the bus lane and next to the cyclist herself, I didn't stop but the image has been in my head all day. Does anyone happen to know what happened and if the cyclist was OK?

Comments

• Bad news, Applespider, I know how the image can stay preying on your mind.

Usually one of the best sites for ''rider down'' news is the lfgss forum ( http://www.lfgss.com/forum40.html ) but there's nothing on there at the moment.

I do hope she's ok though.
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    I went past it as well, not sure if it was a cyclists, but plenty of people on scene and they had a sleeping bag over them
  • Applespider
    Applespider Posts: 506
    Person on the ground wasn't covered as I went past and looked like was in cycling shorts - with a bike sitting at an odd angle across kerb/pavement. No cars/trucks or anything else around. It was at a part of the lane that's particularly bumpy/uneven.

Will keep fingers crossed that it looked worse than it was.
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    I must have been after you, there where a tonne of riders there, with about 10 bikes leaning against the ground, couldn't see a broken one, they had moved wheelie bins in the bus lane to block it and one guy directing all cyclists into the main flow of traffic.