Cayo Team Replica - What do you think?

solboy
solboy Posts: 368
edited August 2010 in Road buying advice
After much deliberation i think i am going to order a Cayo Team Replica this weekend. Been thinking about the Ribbles and Pxs etc but i am too concerned about sizing and back up aftersales service etc. Wiggle have been super helpful and with their 30 day returns policy this bike seems a no brainer as long as it fits. A bargain at £1500.

This bike has a great spec though i cant find the weight listed.

Is there any reason why i shouldnt get one???

Comments

• sturmey
    sturmey Posts: 964
    Is there any reason why i shouldnt get one???

Colour?
    Wheels a touch on the heavy side?

Good value all the same.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    It's a nice bike with good spec. I wouldn't want a compact myself, but otherwise looks great.
  • Hamps
    Hamps Posts: 26
    Had mine delivered yesterday and rode for 2 hours on flat and plenty of hills. After having tested giant TCR 3 and Cannondale Synapse, this bike is in my mind is as stif and fast as Giant, not as comfortable as Cannondale but quicker. Spec is great, Sram Force is superb and at 1500 super bargain compared to the two above. Buy it!!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I'm trying to get some cash together to get a cayo. I think all three 2010 models are amazing value at the moment and I'd be happy with any of them.

The team replica is apparently slightly heavier than the Expert but I think it looks better, I'd have to get a matching jersey though and bob my head like Gerald.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • solboy
    Hamps wrote:
    Had mine delivered yesterday and rode for 2 hours on flat and plenty of hills. After having tested giant TCR 3 and Cannondale Synapse, this bike is in my mind is as stif and fast as Giant, not as comfortable as Cannondale but quicker. Spec is great, Sram Force is superb and at 1500 super bargain compared to the two above. Buy it!!

HAMPS - how long did yous take to come? Ordered mine sunday and Wiggle say "Order Not Yet Processed" - Not sure what that means?
  • mudslinger
    mudslinger Posts: 237
    I ordered a Cayo 105 Compact yesterday lunchtime & it should arrive tomorrow :D
    Winter commuter: Planet X London Road
    Winter road bike/commuter: Specialized Langster
    Best road bike: Planet X RTD90
    MTBs: Giant XTC 650B / On-One C456 singlespeed
    TT bike: Planet X Stealth
  • solboy
    I dont understand.... Have Wiggle been in touch since you placed your order?