My box fresh 2010 Anthem X4, with different brakes!?!

Fewie
Fewie Posts: 61
edited August 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Hi guys, just wanted to post pics of my new ride that I picked up this afternoon. It's a 2010 Giant Anthem X4. Interestingly it appears to have different brake levers to the declared spec but they look better in all black and are a little bit slinkier than the M486 levers that are gifted to the shops demo bike so looks like I've struck lucky!

dccedfe7.jpg

5405dc14.jpg

Plans for this weekend include setting up the shocks for my weight, fitting the stickers to protect the frame against cable rub and then going on a shopping spree. Looking to get my hands on a quick release seat clamp, blue lizard skin chain stay protector, and convert the front rotor to 180mm. Then next week off to dalby.

Think I'm gonna like anthem ownership if the quick blast around the village is anything to go by.

Comments

• reevie25
    reevie25 Posts: 254
    Nice Bike, love the paint job on those. Surely you have plans to upgrade those crappy plastic pedals tho! :shock:
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Sweet bike.

My mate has one and he has caught blue shiny things fever so far he has blue superstar grips, blue superstar hubs, blue mowa disc rotor bolts, blue valve caps and blue quick releases. Next on the list is top cap, spacers, cables and hoses. So be careful upgrading is more addictive than a crack habit :lol:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Chronicbint
    Chronicbint Posts: 172
    Yeah my brake levers are silver and the grips are already wearing out, only done about 300 miles.

Make sure you put on the cable rub protector sticker things as they do rub all over. :)
  • Fewie
    Why, what's wrong with the pedals? Lol. I've got some shimano flat/SPD combo on my hardtail to swap over, just got the shop to fit anything so I could have a quick blast.

I'm try to avoid the blue accessories thing but I'm sure I'll fail. Trying to decide which shade of blue lizard skin to buy, not sure if the baby blue range will be too light or the dark blue too dark.
  • Chronicbint
    Lizard skins jumbo blue is what I bought. Is it quite dark but the baby blue is far too light imo. :)
  • Fewie
    Don't suppose you have a picture do you?

The posts above have also got me thinking about blue hoses too...... Dam this Internet malarky, I'm gonna be skint.
  • Chronicbint
    Gimme a few min and I will get a pic. :)
  • Chronicbint
    Now I look at it, its a fair bit darker. :lol: Doesn't look to bad though.

img0820i.jpg
    img0821h.jpg
  • Fewie
    Thanks ^ much appreciated.
  • Fewie
    Just noticed the slx rear mech, upgrade by choice or nessesity?
  • Chronicbint
    Fewie wrote:
    Just noticed the slx rear mech, upgrade by choice or nessesity?

Standard spec isnt it? "Shimano SLX Shadow" thats what it came with. :)

What does yours have? :?
  • Fewie
    Sorry yeah SLX, it's the front mech that's only deore isn't it (likely my first upgrade). I've got that many component specs floating around in my mind from studying brochures and websites.
  • Chronicbint
    My first "real" MTB so all seems great to me so far, no idea what is bad/good yet so will probably upgrade when things break. :)
  • Is that the Fizik Tundra saddle? I've got that same colour one on mine. I found it really comfy even on epic 4 hour rides and the blue and white matches my bike perfectly.
  • Fewie
    Yeah it's a tundra, impressions after a short ride are that it's much better than it looks with regards to comfort! Certainly looks the part.

Shocks are set up now and frames covered in protective stickers
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nice Rigs those Giants
    they must be gud cause everybody seems to be buying them including me ive got the xtc version though and the upgrading has started already.
    lol
  • max丨mo
    max丨mo Posts: 177
    Awesome looking bike, absolutely love it. I'm hopefully getting one of these when funds allow in the Autumn.

Keeping an eye out for the 2011 range...
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Nice bike, however it still amazes me how bike companies can get away with speccing fox forks etc and plastic pedals and other cheap components :?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • max丨mo
    max丨mo Posts: 177
    AFAIK the Giant doesn't come with any pedals at all.

I guess its because pedals are very personal things, somepeople like flats, some SPDs etc.. best leaving it to the customer what pedals to put on.

Or maybe its so the bike fits in the box better?! :D