RMP!

Alex
Alex Posts: 2,086
edited July 2010 in The Crudcatcher
dec337c0.jpg

071564e1.jpg

320d highline Msport Coupe

That makes me better than everyone, especially surf-matt.

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Coming to a ditch near you :wink:

PS
    I cant see the pictures at work :(
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Alex
    Ah, I'll describe it for you then. Three doors, huge wheels, nice colour and a badge that wasn't created by hitler.

That's right. Third post, Godwin's law invoked.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Can I just borrow your plate number for a while? ;)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • VWsurfbum
    Alex wrote:
    Ah, I'll describe it for you then. Three doors, huge wheels, nice colour and a badge that allows me to do anything i dam well please.

Whats that you dont need to indicate as there your roads anyway? :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Alex
    Sure. It's in no more danger there than it was on the dealer's site. Or parked on my road. Or driven anywhere.
  • Alex
    I pay for them don't I?

As for signalling, that's for learner drivers and slow people. By the time I've pulled out in front of you I'll be gone and you'll be shouting at no-one.

What's the point in signalling if by the time all the lesser road users like trucks and busses and emergency vehicles are going to be so slow at doing anything that I've gone before they've reacted?
  • psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    nice rep mobile......what you selling?
  • Alex
    I'm selling these fine leather jackets...
  • psymon
    im guessing pegs and dusters
  • VWsurfbum
    psymon wrote:
    nice rep mobile......what you selling?
    :lol::lol::lol:

This ^ :lol::lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    Alex wrote:
    I pay for them don't I?

As for signalling, that's for learner drivers and slow people. By the time I've pulled out in front of you I'll be gone and you'll be shouting at no-one.

What's the point in signalling if by the time all the lesser road users like trucks and busses and emergency vehicles are going to be so slow at doing anything that I've gone before they've reacted?
    i know your joking but theres pletny of other owners just like that
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • psymon
    cocks have left audi and come back to bmw it seems.
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    Awww, that's very besmirching of Alex's good name that.

Saying that, I seem to remember a person's previous opinion of BMWs, before he bought one :D

I have two on the driveway. Cumulative value probably less that that one's wheels.
  • Alex
    Nah, the cocks are well and truly stuck in their Audis and fast mercs going on my drive down to dover the other week.

I did actually look at an A5 and a Scirrocco before going with the 3, but as nice as the insides were, the drive wasn't as good and the prices were nuts. "Sir would like seats with that eh? That'll be a couple of extra grand please"
  • Tartanyak
    Quite surprising really, BMW used to be a bit of a barebones type seller as well.

At least now you've got proper RWD.

I looked up the specs of mine and yours now... It seems with 500ish cc less engine and tractor fueled, yours is still faster and more efficient than mine on paper :D
  • Alex
    I'm still impressed by it. The manufacturer figures are, of course, bollocks.

But on the run to Morzine, loaded down to eyeballs with bikes on the towbar and cruising at 80, with the air con on, it returned 45mpg.

General unloaded driving with my lead foot and it's doing high 40s/low 50s. That's pretty good considering i'm driving everywhere like my hair's on fire.

Did I mention it was ferkin fast?
  • Tartanyak
    The 2.5 one I've got is nice too. Bearing in mind it's a decade older as well. I got 35mpg out of it and I've, well, definitely not been sparing the horses. Went for a long drive around Lincolnshire country roads. That was fun.

Mine's got a bit of a clicky lifter that's ruining the sound a bit though :( I shall get around to sorting that at some point. The fact it's an estate has already proved useful.
  • Tartanyak
    DAMN HIM! Damn all those who wouldn't stand up to them and their annexation of the rhineland.

Although, the only current Berliner I know is quite a pleasant lass.

Bayerische Motoren Werke uber alles.
  • Alex
    Pffft. I am a Jam Doughnut!
    john-f-kennedy.jpg
  • Tartanyak
    Interesting enough, we had a short lecture from said German. He wasn't wrong. Colloquially, he was correct for the area he gave the speech in.