Mini Merlin, like a bike, only smaller.

stuart_c-2
stuart_c-2 Posts: 805
edited July 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Well, here is the wife’s new bike. Thought I’d put it up here as it’s my 1st ever attempt at building a bike and I’m reasonably happy with how it’s come out. Was done very much with “budget” in mind, so Ebay was my friend and I managed to rob the forks off my brother. The wheels and most of the drivetrain came off an old Diamond Back Ascent that my Mum had years back.

DSCF8760.jpg
DSCF8761.jpg
DSCF8762.jpg

Frame: Merlin something or other 13”
Forks: Manitou Axel
Brakes: Shimano XT
Shifters: Shimano Acera
Rear Mech: Shimano Acera
Front Mech: Shimano STX
Seatpost: Easton EA30
Saddle: DFS sofa
Stem: Giant 60mm
Bars: Scott X-rod
Grips: Clarks
Wheels: Mavic something
Tyres: Avenir something, will probably replace with Conti MK’s

Now, in true woman style, she wants to pinkify it. So, as long as she keeps using it I will look to change things as and when spare pennies appear. Obvious start would be cable outers, then if I convince her to ditch the sofa I’ll replace with something black with pink stripes or stitching. Not sure whether to try and get a new Merlin decal made in pink as well, any thoughts?
"I ride to eat"

Comments

• shx8000
    shx8000 Posts: 222
    Good job.
    I was just thinking, "WOW, he's built his Missus a bike and none of it's pink", and then I seen the text lol.

My GF's wanting to get a bike, but strangely she doesn't want a girly bike, she wants one with a blokes colour scheme, but then wants to add pink things to it!!!

Women are Fickle.
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    My Merlin is a blokes, blokes sized too....got the pink to offset it all though lol
    Caz xx