Frame Warranty Replacement - Reasonable time for replacement

2»

Comments

• ryan93
    ryan93 Posts: 186
    If it is like your mates have suggested, possibly too much heat in the weld area, wouldn't this mean that Cove are dealing with quite a few warranty claims then on the Hustler?

Perhaps, this is why your frame has taken 5 months to be returned to you. Although even at that, 5 months is a loooooooong time to wait for a replacment frame.

Which model is it? The 2009 frame?
  • ryan93 wrote:
    I must admit, 5 months is a hell of a long time to ship a frame over from Canada.

How did the phone call with the citizens adive bureau?

Seemed to get a bit of Information overload, they are sending a summary through, They suggested I was right to assume I would be getting a frame of the same colour, and that I should record and follow up telephone conversations with letters etc. confirming what has been said, i have not done this so far but will be doing so in the future.

As I have purchased an alternative frame in the interim I can ask for a refund as this is doing the job of the Hustler and means that the Hustler is essentially surplus to requirements..... not sure on the Stores obligation to pay this though, but should make some offer, I guess this could be refund, vouchers etc.....
  • ryan93 wrote:
    If it is like your mates have suggested, possibly too much heat in the weld area, wouldn't this mean that Cove are dealing with quite a few warranty claims then on the Hustler?

Perhaps, this is why your frame has taken 5 months to be returned to you. Although even at that, 5 months is a loooooooong time to wait for a replacment frame.

Which model is it? The 2009 frame?

Mines an 09 frame....
  • ryan93
    Did you buy the HT frame from the same store as you bought your Hustler frame from? If they refund the money for the HT, would it be the full amount you paid, or alittle less since it's used?

Just out of curiosity, which bike shop are we talking about here?
  • mea00csf wrote:
    just a thought, you bought the whole frame, not just the front. Could it be argued that you are therefore entitled to a whole new frame??? I personally wouldn't care if the colours were matt or gloss, but one half of each, no chance!

Besides if there is a problem with the replacement front (or the old rear triangle), you might be in problems, as I doubt it has been designed specifically to work with last years rear triangle (probably not an issue, but might be worth using as leverage??)

I had a quick look on Cove's website, there does appear to be some difference in the rear triangle, whether it changes the way it works etc, I don't know.
  • ryan93 wrote:
    Did you buy the HT frame from the same store as you bought your Hustler frame from? If they refund the money for the HT, would it be the full amount you paid, or alittle less since it's used?

Just out of curiosity, which bike shop are we talking about here?

No I got the Stiffee 2nd hand from Ebay (more expense to keep me riding!), its an 05 model, a little tatty but it does the job.

Its Rutland Cycles.
  • ryan93
    I agree that the bike shop/Cove bikes should pay for the Stiffee frame but if you bought it from ebay how could the store be made to repay the money you spend on it if it wasn't sold by them to begin with?
  • ryan93 wrote:
    I agree that the bike shop/Cove bikes should pay for the Stiffee frame but if you bought it from ebay how could the store be made to repay the money you spend on it if it wasn't sold by them to begin with?

Sorry, the refund was relating to the Hustler, so keep the Stiffee and lose the Hustler....
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    As I have purchased an alternative frame in the interim I can ask for a refund as this is doing the job of the Hustler and means that the Hustler is essentially surplus to requirements

They have no obligation to do this I am afraid. You can claim compensation for the time due, but you needed to discuss the frame first.
  • ryan93
    If you done that, wouldn't that make the last 5 months of chasing up the bike shop a waste of time? If I were you I'd take the frame as it would probably be a 2010 model, so shouldn't crack in the same way.
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    ryan93 wrote:
    If I were you I'd take the frame as it would probably be a 2010 model, so shouldn't crack in the same way.

i thought that when my 2010 frame arrvied in May.... it was once again back to the shop last week. (Commencal Super 4)
  • ryan93 wrote:
    If you done that, wouldn't that make the last 5 months of chasing up the bike shop a waste of time? If I were you I'd take the frame as it would probably be a 2010 model, so shouldn't crack in the same way.

That is true, The problem is it's gone on for so long now that I am now used too and enjoying the way the Stiffee rides...
  • tjdixon911 wrote:
    ryan93 wrote:

That is true, The problem is it's gone on for so long now that I am now used too and enjoying the way the Stiffee rides...

Got my frame back last week, all gloss black so new rear end too :)

Decided to put it up for sale though, not sure of a true value but will see how it goes!

If it doesn't sell, I'll get it built up.
  • tjdixon911 wrote:
    ryan93 wrote:

Got my frame back last week, all gloss black so new rear end too :)

Decided to put it up for sale though, not sure of a true value but will see how it goes!

If it doesn't sell, I'll get it built up.