Building the missus a new bike

Tolk
Tolk Posts: 775
edited July 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Evening all,

I've got a Kona Lana'i frame coming courtesy of the bay, which is in grey. Now the missus has decided she wants a bright colour, so i said I'd spray it for her. Whats best to strip the frame with, nitromors? Never done it before so any advice welcome.

On a completely side note do you reckon v12's are asking for trouble for a novice rider with non scarred shins? Was looking at those gusset plastic pedals if not!

Comments

• -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Your missus won't touch the bike again if a set of v12's scar her shin's for life.
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Your missus won't touch the bike again if a set of v12's scar her shin's for life.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'd just take it to a powder coaters and let them sort it tbh.

The plastic pedals may be worse! Less grip, more slip, mopre shins scraped lol.
  • psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    tell her its a rite of passage to gouge big chunks out yer shins.

but seriously. Dont shimano DXs have little tiny pins?
    good grip so you dont slip in first place yet more woman friendly if you do.
  • Tolk wrote:
    On a completely side note do you reckon v12's are asking for trouble for a novice rider with non scarred shins? Was looking at those gusset plastic pedals if not!

Shin pads? Big grippy pedals that you're less likely to slip off, and no gashes in your leg when you eventually do. Everyone's a winner.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I whacked V8's on the missus bike, she's had the odd gash on the leg after a fall or two which she wasn't too chuffed about but she got over it.

She was ust happy with the fact that the V8's are so much more grippier than the standard plastic ones you get.
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    I have had the wife on plastic Wellgos since she started riding last year and her shins are fine... (I ride plastic pedals too)
  • Dum question perhaps (I don't know, I'm still new) but won't decent shoes also help with the grip? I'm not talking 5 10s necessarily; I wear my merrells and they've got awesome grip - never had pedal trouble.

I would like V12s though as they are pretty - they're on my upgrade wishlist :D
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    Tolk wrote:

How about some SPD's? More power that way too.

:P :wink:
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    Tolk wrote:

How about some SPD's? More power that way too.

:P :wink:

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_47063.jpg