My Stumpy ht.

iwatajim
iwatajim Posts: 31
edited July 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Hi there. I thought that I would share my stumpy with you all.

Originally a comp aluminium with avid elixers, spesh' replaced the mis-aligned frame with the s-works and turkey gobble avids with hope tech x2's!

Anyway, here it is.

Photo0701.jpg

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    ive always loved hardtails but that is something else, very nice indeed.
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Absolutely gorgeous!!!! 8)
  • terryowen
    terryowen Posts: 139
    looks nice m8 are you happy with it.
  • iwatajim
    Thanks guys. :D

I have been loving this bike. The alu frame was great but could be a tad harsh. The carbon frame is so much more comfortable and feels even faster. It just feels so sorted. I could never have afforded a frame like this in the first place and bought the original bike at a great discount so have been very lucky.

As far as the brakes go. The original avid elixers were giving me massive vibrations through the frame from the rear brake. As I found out after some research this is a well known problem. The lbs amazed me by getting them warranty replaced with the hope tech x2's which have been stunning. I had to change the shifters as the tech levers sit inboard and I could not get the old ones in a comfortable position. Solved the problem with some hope matchmakers and 2010 x7 shifters for £37 new from fleabay.

I have also changed the seat for a charge spoon and the stem and handlebars for some raceface deus items. Needed shorter stem but may go back to a flat bar although maybe a bit wider than the stock one.

Thanks again, Jim.
  • Dubzy
    Dubzy Posts: 123
    Wow

Very envious :cry:
    Life's good

Boardman MTB Team
  • MarkLG
    MarkLG Posts: 189
    Lovely looking bike there. I've got an M5 alloy S-Works hardtail and it's a very rapid bike. I'd love to get my hands on a carbon version to match my S-Works Enduro. :)
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    That colour scheme is much nicer than the black/red one. Still not sure about the top tube design though!
  • SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    Very nice 8)
  • iwatajim
    Thanks again guys,

I actually prefered the red and black but this scheme has grown on me. It is actually one of the 2010 US colour schemes and since it was a huge upgrade for nowt it would have been rude to complain! The black is actually the bare carbon so is more of a charcoal finish in the flesh.

Cheers, Jim. :D