Is it still the case...

hisoka
hisoka Posts: 541
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
That men of the hopeless kind post on here when meeting a female commuter in passing in the vaguest of hopes of them being a member and admitting to being the one passed?

Or was that only a passing craze?
"This area left purposefully blank"
Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)

Comments

• Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    edited July 2010
    If you're female and cute, then I met you earlier.

Get in touch!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    *wracks memory, remains knell-free*
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Unless you mean Sewinman falling on Totalnewbie...

Sorry Morgan
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • hisoka
    That was partly the joke and subtle reference to my own passing hello's to a very pretty female cyclist today.

Though no falling on, more sort of a shared "oik" saying what they thought was funny at us both at a red light.

• dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    Well, I never have but it doesn't seem such a bad idea.
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Where is Don Don by the way ? :wink:

*Apologies in advance Lit
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Eh?

Me too. That sounds like one of those puzzles... If John and Mary's uncle's wife is married to Paul's brother, how is John related to his sister's boss's secretary's father.... Or something...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Aidy wrote:
    If you're female and cute, then I met you earlier.

Get in touch!

Best Post Ever
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Eh?

Me too. That sounds like one of those puzzles... If John and Mary's uncle's wife is married to Paul's brother, how is John related to his sister's boss's secretary's father.... Or something...

Sounds the like the one I came across a while ago.

A man is looking at a painting. He says to his colleague 'that man's father is my father's son'. What is the realtionship between viewer and subject of picture?

Any takers? Place your bets...
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    If you can track stand, you never fail with a gurl....
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    CiB wrote:
    Eh?

A man is looking at a painting. He says to his colleague 'that man's father is my father's son'. What is the realtionship between viewer and subject of picture?

Dad? My head hurts :?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • richred_uk
    richred_uk Posts: 167
    CiB wrote:

Subject could either be son or nephew of the speaker. I think.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    prawny wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    Eh?

Dad? My head hurts :?

You haven;t said if the subject of the picture is the man that the man is talking about or not. Could be a bowl of fruit for all we know.

An I for detal.
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    richred_uk wrote:
    CiB wrote:

Or it could be himself in the picture.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Brother?
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    First cousin once removed?
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    richred_uk wrote:
    CiB wrote:

Or it could be himself in the picture.

Nope, son or nephew. One generation down from the speaker anyway.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    CiB wrote:
    Eh?

Something to do with priests, I reckon.
  • DCowling
    DCowling Posts: 769
    edited July 2010
    is it a picture of jesus ?
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    hisoka wrote:
    That men of the hopeless kind post on here when meeting a female commuter in passing in the vaguest of hopes of them being a member and admitting to being the one passed?

When I read that I could only think of it being loudly recited by a brightly dressed man holding a lute and dancing around a medieval court! Totally unintelligible! :)
  • DCowling
    DCowling Posts: 769
    Sewinman wrote:
    hisoka wrote:

When I read that I could only think of it being loudly recited by a brightly dressed man holding a lute and dancing around a medieval court! Totally unintelligible! :)

it smacks of Richard O'Brien in the Crystal Maze
  • hisoka
    DCowling wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    hisoka wrote:

it smacks of Richard O'Brien in the Crystal Maze

Ok OK OK! I get it, I am too cryptic when I write. It was a train of thought, seemed logical and clear when I wrote it. :lol: Sorry to all the confused people, I'll work on being more clear in writing in the future.

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    hisoka wrote:
    Ok OK OK! I get it, I am too cryptic when I write. It was a train of thought, seemed logical and clear when I wrote it. :lol: Sorry to all the confused people, I'll work on being more clear in writing in the future.

No no! Carry on. As Nicholas Parsons would say 'we enjoyed your interuption'! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    CiB wrote:
    Eh?

he's got it totally wrong, he's really adopted