Touring Morocco

Variance
Variance Posts: 130
edited August 2010 in Tour & expedition
Has anyone done this, Im looking at a package which gives 6 days cycling and 1 rest day fully guided for £995 plus flight.

I've never done anything like this before but have always fancied visiting Morocco,

Anyone any experience of this?

Comments

• mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    No experience of touring - but Morocco is great! Some of the driving is "interesting" though..... :lol:
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    edited July 2010
    Did this with Explore cycling holidays about 2 years ago..Exodus do the same...Explore have many Morrocco options.but not as many nowadays as previous.I like the Atlas Mountains part best.Its the Group v DIY dilema..DIY drawback is the Accomodation stops in The atlas Moutains,Miles of uphill and downhill may be that bit toofar apart unless you are Audax Ability.Groups are a Will I fit in Risk if you go + the cycling willlbe too easy for a clubrider. + overeating at night as a group meal.I did the Southern Osais tour..Half cycling a half in the minibus which carry the bikes .Really enjoyed it though
    http://www.explore.co.uk/SearchResults? ... untry=3716
    jc
  • Variance
    Variance Posts: 130
    Thanks for that, it was the Atlas tour with Skedaddle saddle which ive seen. I dont really fancy doing this myself, so I think the guided option will be better.
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    Different ones will vary in age and ability and difficulty..My guess is that Skedaadle maybe better for the more serious cyclist here..CTC have holidays too but they fill up almost instantly.and cover a lot of ground.Respokes is another company with a good reputation with more difficlut rides.Choice offered by companies apperars to be becoming less though
    jc
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Plenty of accomodation options in the Atlas. If there're no villages around then you can wild camp. Just make sure you can't be seen from the road. I spent a couple of weeks touring a few years ago doing about 100km a day and only needed to wild camp a couple of times. Some stunning scenery and great mountain passes. Bit too touristy in the popular places though.
    More problems but still living....
  • Did the road tour w skeddadle ... First bike trip ever and still the best. The routes -- and service provided -- were amazing, but a large part was also attributable to the people on the tour as you will have hours to hang out post ride.