Starcraft 2

Thewaylander
Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
edited July 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Ok i know alot you guys are console style gamers so this wont worry you,

But i'm jsut getting myself flying in SC2 but need to expand my friedns list ready for when i've destroyed the campaign and move to solo play. Also just wondering if there are gamers with some serious taste on the forum :P

Comments

• thedirge
    thedirge Posts: 181
    waiting for the price to come down, will zerg you then :P
    Consequences.... are just a harmless by-product of having a good time, all the time.

Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.
  • Thewaylander
    Wooo Wooo :p

Only got marginally into the original it was back when i was early pc gamer moving from my amiga :P but i love the warcraft rts games for there blance but dislike the hero modeling. Starcrafts balance and speed is legendry and the story, ah went back to the old SC to just refresh myself hehe.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    It'll be a cold day in hell before I shell out £45 for a PC game. I love SC as much as the next guy, but there's something amiss when I have to buy two copies just to play with friends in America.
  • Thewaylander
    £35, and the region issue, is actually going to be resolved once they start expanding battle net 2 a bit, though battlenet 2 hasn't started in the greatest way, but it hasn't gone down yet for since release.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    £35, and the region issue, is actually going to be resolved once they start expanding battle net 2 a bit, though battlenet 2 hasn't started in the greatest way, but it hasn't gone down yet for since release.

Still doesn't excuse lack of LAN play and not being able to resume your campaign when in offline mode. Also having to pay to change the interface language (so if you buy a greymarket copy for half the price, you're stuck with it in Russian or whatever).
  • Thewaylander
    then don't buy grey market lol.

It's £35 it's bigger than pretty much any console game which almost cost £50, and alot of the small issues are being resolved. The LAN thing is a pest but that is because of the social network elemtents they are trying to put in.

I'm not a huge blizzard fan boy, as they have screwed wow over the last few years, but SC2 bar a bit of an issue or two with battlenet i think they have done ok. Will tell ya when i've completedit if it entertained me enopugh to justify its cost
  • Boy Lard
    Boy Lard Posts: 445
    I was a massively addicted mmo fan. I stopped. My computer now hasn't been switched on in 2 months. Also fps seems to give me motion sickness these days, and rts will never be as good as CC:TS.
  • psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    Leeroy Jenkins!!!!!
  • Boy Lard
    Boy Lard Posts: 445
    There was even an achievement named after him in the end. That was about the time that WoW died for me.
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    I used to be a big mmorpg player, but haven't played since my son was born. Now just play on thewii for about 30mins a week. Don't really miss it either to be honest!
  • Chronicbint
    Chronicbint Posts: 172
    Its all a bit "same old same old" so far in my opinion, its well made and polished but its not really doing anything to advance the genre. :)