My 2

shx8000
shx8000 Posts: 222
edited July 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Got back into riding in 2008 after a few years out as living abroad. Cnnondale F5 seemed a good choice, but I ended up spending well over £2k in parts to make it a bit better. Bought the Remedy earlier this month, and it is awsome.
DSCN9700.jpg
DSCN9698-Copy-Copy-Copy.jpg

Comments

• tptvmbircn
    tptvmbircn Posts: 782
    very nice fleet and the best of both worlds can't go wrong there, the colour schemes are my style also thumbs up! :D
  • shx8000
    Cheers. I'll work out what i've done to the cannondale and post it up on here.
    I have taken the joplin seat post and the grips off the F5 nd stuck them on the Remedy.

Matt
  • shx8000
    Cannondale F5

Wheels. DT Swiss 5.1 with hope 2 hubs
    XT shifters
    Saint medium rear mech
    Deore front mech
    Sram chain
    Hope mini monos
    E-thirteen bash guard
    Mrzocchi All mountain 3 fork
    diabolus stem
    race face Next carbon riser bars
    Joplin seat post
    Hope seat and wheel skewers
    Specialized set

Had to buy a full susser, as landing were becoming painful on my back. Was gonna go for a full on DH bike, but decided against it. Trek session 8 would have been my choice.
  • Dubzy
    Dubzy Posts: 123
    Great looking bike
    Life's good

Boardman MTB Team
  • weescott
    weescott Posts: 453
    2k on the Dale in parts? The long chubby stem, the dual bash gaurd and the level and high seat cry out confused biker to me. The Trek looks nice but please burn the Dale with Fire.
  • shx8000
    The Joplin seatpost used to be on the Cannondale, so it could be quickly lowerd for going downhill. The seat post on it now is off the Remedy, as are the pedals.

Upgraded fork as the 100mm dart was shit and no where near enough travel, as i'm quite a hevy rider and tend to crash through things rather than float over them if you get what I mean.
    Bash guard for 2 reasons. 1. I knackered the top ring when I fell off
    2. When I fell off it left nasty gash in my knee/shin guard, which could easily have been my leg.
    Shorter stem was changed as a direct result of upgrading the fork.

Remember I bought it as I wasn't sure I was gonna enjoy it after using motorbikes for 3 years both on and off road. If I had known I was gonna get back into then I would have bought a better bike in the first place.
    Which is why I have the Remedy now ;)