BBC reports police passing comment on helmets

Specialized Needs
Specialized Needs Posts: 802
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
... and RLJ

In case you've not seen it or it is buried in another thread, on this blog entry

Comments

• zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    To be fair to the police (and I generally have very, very little time for the lot of them) it sounds more like they were commenting on the way it was being worn/the condition of it, rather than trying to enforce another one of their made up laws.
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    Another bull crap article from the BBC. Perhaps if they knew who to get in touch with, rather than a paper pusher at the BTP, then they would get some decent information.

I'm on the TFL press list and i'm in contact with a traffic officer at the MET. I know that along side the launch of the superhighways there are more traffic officers watching for RLJ's and general law breakers (including motorists) on many routes (not just superhighways). These officers have plenty of experience and any advice they give you will generally be of high standard.

I've also met the officer that is in charge of the exchanging places scheme in london, and i know that they are working with westminster council to get people to go on this scheme, they issue FPN and offer the cyclist the option to scrap it if they go along and have a chat about lorries.

I bet those are included in those states at the end, just when they started to increase the amount they where doing it.

The next time his friend gets pulled over for braking the law, and the copper gives him some advice, maybe he shouldn't bitch to his friend at the bbc who wrights a bs article

/rant
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    I like Phil's comments, I think they are really well balanced

a huge chip on both shoulders.