Filming outside my office...

Pross
Pross Posts: 40,583
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
today and tomorrow for a new film called The Killer Elite starring Clive Owen, Jason Statham and Bob De Niro :shock: , working from home today but will be keeping an eye out for them tomorrow. Especially hoping to see the female star Yvonne Strahovski :wink:

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    The best we had at our old office were Gaynor Faye and Sean Bean (recording studio on ground floor)... not quite De Niro, Statham and Owen but I bet De Niro can't take a penalty like Bean!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Pross
    Bob only has a bit of a cameo in it apparently so doubt I'll see him. Also, two days of filming will probably only result in about 10 seonds in the finished film. It's a bit like Holywood around here these days, the new Sherlock Holmes series was filmed in Newport and Cardiff is being used in Doctor Who and Casualty plus the brilliant You Tube spoof of Alicia Keys song filmed in Newport :lol:
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    I walked into a pub once and the they had obviously jusy finished filming (Frost) - landlord said to us "oh if you had been here 20 minutes earlier you would have got £60 for an extras fee"

bummer
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    De Niro ? Pah- we had that Adam Hart Davis here the other week..

Apparently - I only realised when I saw his show.
  • Pross
    Who? I just googled him and still haven't got a clue!

I had to do a site visit in Clifton, Bristol a few years back right outside a 'film studio' but you won't see many of their productions in Vue :wink: Sadly didn't get to see any of the actresses going in :(
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Ben6899 wrote:
    The best we had at our old office were Gaynor Faye and Sean Bean (recording studio on ground floor)... not quite De Niro, Statham and Owen but I bet De Niro can't take a penalty like Bean!

Sean Bean's a better actor than Jason Statham! I'd be more impressed to see Sean... Have to say I don't even know who Clive Owen even is
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Pross
    I'd agree on that. Owen is probably best known from Spooks and also played King Arthur in the 2004 film. Was widely tipped as the next Bond when Daniel Craig got it. Neither him or Statham are a patch on Sharpe, sorry Bean! I'd say De Niro would give him a run for his money in the acting stakes though :lol:
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    I likes Sharpe :D
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Calm Down Calm Down!!! It's just a movie...

Clash of the Titans and Tomb Raider 2 filmed a few miles from me.

Half-light movie with Demi Moore filmed on Anglesey beach, which I can see from my house.
    Crew and their chopper used the hotel directly opposite our house.

Mrs was on duty when they brought Angelina Jolie's daughter in when she scolded herself.

Oh, and I was once in the background of a "Gentlemans" calendar.
    Kept MY clothes on though...just.

Isn't fleeting-fame wonderful?!
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    When I worked in Manchester a few years back, ah ten years ago, they were filming Cold Feet, I never saw an episode, but the crew used to be really obnoxious, taking up the pavements, really arrogant bastar*s. One day they were filming a shot coming out of a Chinese restaurant on Faulkner Street, near where I parked my motorbike, at the time a new Fireblade, have way through the filming all they could here was a motorbike engine screaming off the rev limiter. Every time I saw them filming, when I was on the bike, the engine would scream and they'd have to re-film :D
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686

Sean Bean's a better actor than Jason Statham! I'd be more impressed to see Sean... Have to say I don't even know who Clive Owen even is

Jason Statham has one facial expression - angry. The facial muscles that control the other emotions in his face wasted away a long, long time ago.

(Based on his films, that is. I'm sure he does smile and other such things in real life.)
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Splottboy wrote:
    Oh, and I was once in the background of a "Gentlemans" calendar.
    Kept MY clothes on though...just.

POIDH.

:P
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Clive Owen is class.

Check out big sweary tirade in Closer or his seedy croupier in...er...Croupier.

Also he's seen Nat Portmans minge, and if you're nice to him.....he tells you all about it.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Pross wrote:
    I'd agree on that. Owen is probably best known from Spooks and also played King Arthur in the 2004 film. Was widely tipped as the next Bond when Daniel Craig got it. Neither him or Statham are a patch on Sharpe, sorry Bean! I'd say De Niro would give him a run for his money in the acting stakes though :lol:

not spooks - that was Matthew Macfadyen - but they do look similar....
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Clive Owen- Inside Man, good film
  • Mynameisdann
    Mynameisdann Posts: 665
    also in the international, but agreed inside man (Y)
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    johnfinch wrote:

Jason Statham has one facial expression - angry. The facial muscles that control the other emotions in his face wasted away a long, long time ago.

(Based on his films, that is. I'm sure he does smile and other such things in real life.)

Went to see Sean Bean in that production of Macbeth (or should I say the Scottish Play) a few years back. It was at the Noel Coward Theatre (I think - the one between Charing X and Covent Garden). It was massively acclaimed as one of the best productions of Macbeth in decades. Can't remember who played Lady Macbeth though. I "did" Macbeth at school and have seen it at the theatre before but this one was brilliant....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Pross
    edited July 2010
    PBo wrote:
    Pross wrote:

not spooks - that was Matthew Macfadyen - but they do look similar....

Was thinking that - I amost put down that he was in Pride and Prejudice.

They're out there running through rehearsals now, Statham is there but too important to work so someone else is doing his motorbike scene until the cameras start to roll. No talent out there though :cry:

EDIT changed their to they're to save myself from total humiliation :oops:
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    rjh299 wrote:

Assassin killed by Bourne in a field, in The Bourne Identity.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    He was in that film about incest where he shags his sister. Yuk.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • Porta105
    Porta105 Posts: 57
    Have to say I don't even know who Clive Owen even is

He was in the apocalyptic film 'Children of Men', very good film actually. Also, kudos to 'The Croupier' and 'Closer'
  • I have had some very interesting visitors to my work recently including, MI5 and SO19, all in preparation for a visit in September from the Pope himself.
    I wish I was Kenny "F@#king" Powers
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Sirius631 wrote:
    rjh299 wrote:

Assassin killed by Bourne in a field, in The Bourne Identity.

Yes, well spotted. Love the Bourne films but that clicked before
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Pross wrote:
    Bob only has a bit of a cameo in it apparently so doubt I'll see him. Also, two days of filming will probably only result in about 10 seonds in the finished film. It's a bit like Holywood around here these days, the new Sherlock Holmes series was filmed in Newport and Cardiff is being used in Doctor Who and Casualty plus the brilliant You Tube spoof of Alicia Keys song filmed in Newport :lol:

Thanks for mentioning that. That's absolutely first class.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Splottboy
    "You talking to me?

You talking to ME??!!

I don't see anybody else here, so

you must be talking to me !"
  • Pross
    Splottboy wrote:
    "You talking to me?

You talking to ME??!!

I don't see anybody else here, so

you must be talking to me !"

Was hoping to see him so I could say that, I bet he never tires of it :lol:

Nicholas Lyndhurst was filming outside my previous office a few years back and I'd have been rich if everyone going past shouting "you plonker Rodders" had given me a tenner. They all seemed to think they were the only people to have ever said it to him!
  • Splottboy
    I thought Rodney's real name was DAVE???
  • Mynameisdann
    yeh just to be different youd have to walk upto him and say

Alright davee?
  • Splottboy
    "Trigger" or the actor who plays him, is my Aunt's relative, in real life, apparently.

My fathers half-sisters side. Pack is the surname, I believe, from my Gran's 2nd marriage.

It's complicated...
  • Mynameisdann
    ^.^ straight over my head
    im only 18 so not to upto date with how relations all seem to work :X