Cuddly Bob on 2011

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2010 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/htc-col ... -de-france

So clearly in Bob's world, Cavendish ain't going nowhere.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I don't know why he'd go. The only thing is to fix his salary which is due for an uprating but the team can clearly afford that and sponsors will open the chequebooks to pay him.

I suspect they might pick at some ex-Milram riders. Ciolek is rumoured to be returning, he could fill Greipel's place in the races Cavendish doesn't want to do.

You sort of feel that the GC riders are in limbo. The moment they falter, they become workers for Cavendish. A sensible plan. Rogers has had a good year, eg winning California but soon spent July towing the bunch along for Cav.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Kléber wrote:
    You sort of feel that the GC riders are in limbo. The moment they falter, they become workers for Cavendish. A sensible plan. Rogers has had a good year, eg winning California but soon spent July towing the bunch along for Cav.

Indeed. But I see a lot more value in Rogers doing that than toiling to finish 16'th overall in the GC

If Bob gets Google on board....
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Doesn't he need a sponsor though? aren't Columbia not renewing?
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    iainf72 wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

Indeed. But I see a lot more value in Rogers doing that than toiling to finish 16'th overall in the GC

If Bob gets Google on board....

Is Uncle Bob trying to charm google ??? Don't HTC make the Googe phone ??

What ever you say about Bob he does seem able to attract some very big names into the sport. Maybe his business knowledge pays dividends. Didn't I read HTC have the biggest budget in the peleton, even bigger than SKY's.

Maybe Google could become title sponsor and they could tidy up that bloody kit. :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    pat1cp wrote:
    Is Uncle Bob trying to charm google ??? Don't HTC make the Googe phone ??

What ever you say about Bob he does seem able to attract some very big names into the sport. Maybe his business knowledge pays dividends. Didn't I read HTC have the biggest budget in the peloton, even bigger than SKY's.

Maybe Google could become title sponsor and they could tidy up that bloody kit. :wink:
    Because there are people who havn't heard of google. :?
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    google_jersey.jpg

Tidy up the kit maybe...
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    I supose Google would compliment the existing sponsor line-up, especially HTC and Skype.