Team Time Trial

KevGuinness
KevGuinness Posts: 74
edited July 2010 in Pro race
Everything else being equal, if the final stage was a team time trial instead of individual, would A.S have been the winner of the tour this year?

Comments

• Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    But everything else wouldn't have been equal. Contador would have attacked more in the mountains to build up a gap.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,648
    I'm bored of this now

If Andy Schleck had ridden on a motorbike instead of a bicycle the result would have been different.

If Alberto Contador had grown feathers and danced the funky chicken every night, the result would have been different

If Christian Prudhomme decided not to bother racing and the winner would be decided on who can make the best cake, the result would have been different.

None of these things happened, so the result is the way it is. Get over it
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    ^^^ what that guy said.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I like the cake idea, that's the true spirit of cycling.

Mmmm cake.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    If Alberto Contador had grown feathers and danced the funky chicken every night, the result would have been different
    But what if Contador had responded with a tap dance routine? Who would be the most fatigued and would there be an increased risk of injury?
  • bilirubin
    bilirubin Posts: 225
    Kléber wrote:
    But what if Contador had responded with a tap dance routine? Who would be the most fatigued and would there be an increased risk of injury?

The only thing you need to worry about when you are tap dancing is falling in the sink!

I'll get me coat
  • bilirubin wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

The only thing you need to worry about when you are tap dancing is falling in the sink!

I'll get me coat

That tap dancing joke's been 'running' for ages! :wink:

... I'll join you in the cloakroom (oops, did a bit of a Cav there!).