Need some help? Utah

VALLEYS
VALLEYS Posts: 21
edited July 2010 in Routes
Myself and some hombres are looking to go to Utah next year. If any of you have been could you share some details with me, ie who did you book with, cost , what time of year etc, any info would be most welcome . Thanks[/img]

Comments

• garetjax
    garetjax Posts: 175
    I did a fly drive with my family and stopped off in Moab.

Good idea to fly into Salt Lake City as from there it's only a five hour drive to Moab. Five hours in the US feels like three hours here in the UK. You could fly into Denver but it's seven hours from there and in between Denver and Moab there is a mountain range which can be snow closed at certain times of year. Salt Lake City was a nice place actually.

I went in May and it was perfect cycling weather at that time of year. Cool in the mornings and then warm and pleasant by afternoon. I would not recommend going in summer as it can get VERY hot. You get lost in that heat and run out of water then you're in a bad, bad place. I did get lost for an hour or two on one route and it was not a nice feeling.

Plenty of bike shops in Moab. Poisen Spider were great and you can hire bikes out and arrange lifts to the start of some of the more distant routes.

The porcupine ridge route is the best mountain bike ride I have ever done. The Slick Rock trail was ok too. Spectacular scenery awaits...

I named my dog Utah.