Best Quotes from the Tour de France

donrhummy
donrhummy Posts: 2,329
edited July 2010 in Pro race
There's some good ones.

http://www.thefredcast.com/?p=1523

My favorites:
I’ll miss Mark in the bedroom. That doesn’t sound right, does it? — Mark Cavendish on Mark Renshaw
Having things organized is for small-minded people. Genius controls chaos. — Jens Voigt
Contador just gained a great chance to win, but he lost the chance to win greatly. — Cervélo team owner Gerard Vroomen
If you draw your sword and drop it, you die. —Ryder Hjesdal

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I always liked
    Thank christ that's over. iainf72

:wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    But the Ryder one is genius. In a geeky kind of way
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,868
    If I had attacked one more time I would have dropped myself.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Thick Tester
    Thick Tester Posts: 380
    This will never be topped
    Just one year after my horrible crash, and there I was tumbling on another mountain descent. And let me tell you, about the only place that feels good right now is my right ankle. The rest of me is all road rash. Plus I’ve got five stitches in my left elbow and then there are some ribs that are not in the right place! I may have to get x-rays, but I hate x-rays (the radiation), and plus, if I’ve got a fractured rib, what can anyone do about it?

The worst thing of all was that I almost got forced out of the Tour for a second year in a row. The problem was that the first team car was behind Andy Schleck, and the second had decided to go up ahead to hand out water bottles at the foot of the next climb. As a result I had no bike, because mine was shattered.

So then the broom wagon pulled up and was like, “Do you want to just get in?” And I said, “Oh no, I don’t need YOU!” But there I am with blood spurting out my left elbow and no bike
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Thanks - some good ones there.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    iainf72 wrote:
    But the Ryder one is genius. In a geeky kind of way
    Viking ancestery?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329
    "I'm fucked, mate" takes some beating imo. Though Cav on Renshaw in the bedroom still tops it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    By far the best for me:
    "They just fall off. There's no reason why. You'll just be riding along and there they'll be like a bleeding carrot in the middle of the road lying in pain."

35201_410270022653_578232653_4552872_1654980_n.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 559
    RichN95 wrote:
    By far the best for me:
    "They just fall off. There's no reason why. You'll just be riding along and there they'll be like a bleeding carrot in the middle of the road lying in pain."

35201_410270022653_578232653_4552872_1654980_n.jpg

That is bloody funny
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • federalski
    federalski Posts: 93
    After Frank crashed out Andy was asked how he fancied his chances.
    Sure he said " Without Frank, I'm fucked"
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    “Just because I dropped a clanger doesn’t mean I had to eat glass”
    (Gadret talking earlier this week about the incident with Roche)

Actually, in French, Gadret said ‘eat a windscreen’, referring to Roche’s having said “I wanted to smash his head in, and had visions of a baldy French climber exiting through the windscreen” …. but ‘to eat glass’ is the (appropriate) English idiom.

Gadret also said he felt Roche was wrong going public about it, when it had already been more than discussed the same day in the team bus. I suppose he's right.