Storage Hooks

forcutty
forcutty Posts: 1,055
edited July 2010 in MTB general
So I want to hang my 4 bikes from the front wheel against the wall using something like this!!
lifeline%20single%20bike%20rack%20med.jpg

But I want to do it cheaper so does any body know where I can get some hooks that will screw into a 4x2. :)
Though I am willing to here about other storage ideas.
Thanks in Advance.
Stu.f

Comments

• Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    I just bought some of these Motez hooks, only £2.99 & they were in a 3 for 2 deal as well :D
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_242557

27072010163.jpg
    27072010164.jpg

(excuse the 'decorating', just installing a new kitchen!)
  • mattyboy199
    mattyboy199 Posts: 627
    can you hang the bike up the other way ?
    Show me your green bits i might buy them !
  • anton1r
    anton1r Posts: 272
    can you hang the bike up the other way ?

+1

While i'm sure its fine hanging the bikes from the front wheel/forks seeing as my weight goes on them while I sit on it. Is it really a good idea/ok to leave them up there for a few months at a time. I'm thinking if the bike is upside down then I'm also thinking the fork sits in a more natural position? (ie upright-ish?)
    "I have a plan, a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a fox." (from the Blackadder TV series)
  • Uchiga
    Uchiga Posts: 230
    I suggest a diy store and buying those hooks for ladders and other things. My brother has a bike rack for 6 bikes made from scrap wood and cheap hooks from a diy store and there is no problem storing all the bikes he owns on it at all. And it does make things a bit easier to store away to be honest. If you leave a bike in any position for a long time it will damage parts but i'd imagine it will have to be for a very very long time because the weight of a bike is quite often at least a third of the weight of a human. Well certianly for me.