Anyone ever had a condition called Gilmours Groin?

Nick1978
Nick1978 Posts: 93
Im having an operation soon to fix this condition and was wondering if anyone had ever had it and if so how long after the operation were they back riding. Id also be interetsed in any post op physio exercises that people found useful.

ta

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Oooo, jus looked this up. You have my sympathy! :shock:
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Nick1978
    Yep..all sympathy much appreciated lol!
  • kieranmac
    kieranmac Posts: 3
    had it 2 years ago. operation 1pm - home 5 hours later - walking gingerly.

very very light spinning after 7 days - moderate spinning after a week and up to 85% power in 3-4 weeks. - full sprinting week 6.

sneezing/coughing/lbig laughing within the first 3 weeks is like being stabbed continuallly but they gave me drugs to suppress this as I had hayfever.

good luck with op - its straight forward with very quick recovery....... and chicks dig scars. :twisted:
  • kieranmac
    oh yeah - post op excersizes - i didnt do anything in particular but worthwhile getting back to spinning as soon as - excersize bike in gym or turbo trainer is perfect, so you can take it as gentle as you need to - you dont want to be out on the road having to make a quick reaction to some twat in a car.

anything that involves abdominal pulling ie situps is virtually impossible till after week 3 - that includes geting out of bed - you will have to roll onto your front and slide out - ah - the memories - ha ha.
  • Nick1978
    ah nice one thanks for the reply. Thats really good to find someone who has actually had it done!! did the opeartion actually work?? Ive heard its 80% success rate. Im supposed to be going on a training holiday in lanzarote 2.5 weeks after the op so im going to change the date of the op until i get back as I can still ride at the mo just with a bit of pain.

Cheers for the advice!
  • kieranmac
    nah - i think recovery is closer to a 100% these days - see weblink which quotes 97%

http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/groi ... a_full.php

yeah i was riding right up until day before op, but when its done you'll be able to train harder and longer without that niggling pain always in the background.