Ironman comes to town!

Bunneh
Bunneh Posts: 1,329
edited July 2010 in The bottom bracket
ironman.gif

Oops wrong one...

Yes the UK Ironman comes to 'beautiful Bolton'. Forgive me but they're bringing a semi road race to Bolton? The home of the pothole? The land of the Chav? The forsaken scum of the Premiership? Whilst I admit our countryside is lovely and I can't wait to get to it, the roads are quite possibly the worst I have had the displeasure to ride upon. Sheep House Lane has been partially resufaced but it's still a pothole strune quagmire of inner tube biting hell! Half way up some brain dead chimp spraycanned 'F*CK PIGS' onto the road, I do wonder if that will be there when the 'coptor is filming the progress :D I wonder if the rejects who jump out at me, with a monkey-like grunt, will do that to our cycling distant cousins?

I wish them the best of luck and I will be there cheering them on, hoping to bag myself some bottles! Hurrah!

Comments

• Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    "Clash of the Titans."

Greek legends,

American money,

Filmed in Llanberis, North Wales.

Perfect...
  • secretsqizz
    secretsqizz Posts: 424
    Ironman.png
    another wrong 'un

Wont they catch a chill in their sleeveless thingies festooned with gels?
    My pen won't write on the screen
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Its the second year at Bolton. Its been down south for years - so this is raising the profile a bit.

If an IM race is good enough for Nice, Zurich and Frankfurt - why not Bolton eh ? ;-)