Survey about women specific design mountainbikes

Maaike_12
Maaike_12 Posts: 6
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Hi, ladies and gentleman,

My name is Maaike, and next year, for my graduate project I will design a women specific mountainbike.
To be able to do this properly, and not only input my own opinion, I would like yours!

The survey contains 15 questions, of wich 8 are open questions where you can state your thoughts about the statements.

http://www.enquetemaken.be/toonenquete.php?id=47194

A thousand thanks! :D
If you have any more questions or remarks, please let me know.

Comments

• miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Done :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Maaike_12
    miss notax wrote:
    Done :D
    Thanks!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Done. My views hinged a lot on personal preference.
  • Maaike_12
    supersonic wrote:
    Done. My views hinged a lot on personal preference.
    Thanks, personal views are very usefull.
  • BigShot
    BigShot Posts: 151
    Before I answer it...
    ...do you want answers from men or only from women?
  • The link wouldn't work for me.

But, I'm not really a fan of ws bikes. I only owned one once and it was rubbish. I have tried others and didn't like the feel of them either. Whether this is because I am used to mens bikes, I don't know, but they never seem to be spec'd as good either.

I have SC Blur, I really like it. The only SC WS option is the Juliana (which is a superlight frame), I wanted something a bit tougher than a superlight - there were no options of a tougher WS bike from SC. This is just one example of how limited the current choice is for ws bikes... 1 light xc bike! A light weight xc bike does nothing to encourage women to slam a bike down a bigger hill and try bigger jumps and drops. All it say's is "here we are dear, try this nice little bike" :roll:

Obviously, cost is a major factor - companies can't really be expected to invest huge amounts of money into a full range of ws bikes from xc to downhill, just for a very small percentage of the mtb population. So it's tricky to please everyone, but if companies made their frames in a couple of smaller sizes, this would probably be enough for them to suit shorter women. Frames are designed on general demensions of men and women, but not all people are the norm... Short legs, long body; long legs, short body etc. unless something is fully customised to an individual, it may never fit as well as it was designed!

Personally, I'm happy with my 2 mens frames with womens saddles. All other compenents have no reflection on sex - they vary from person to person and can be adjusted to suit.

:D
  • Yes answers from men are welcome as well!
    Thanks "Where are my stabelisers".
    Link was dead for a while because server was down, but it's back on line, so if you want you can fill it out now.
  • I just need 5 more and then I've got enough reply's. It went faster than I expected and a lot of usefull things come up. Thanks everyone! :D
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Maaike_12 wrote:
    I just need 4 more and then I've got enough reply's. It went faster than I expected and a lot of usefull things come up. Thanks everyone! :D

fixed :wink::lol:
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    done....My missus loves her HT. Being German she is more concerned with the practicalty of the machine rather than flowers on it.

And she constantly laughs that I have a french bike that keeps breaking.