19 Sept, romney marsh 100

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
Anyone doing this ? Or has anyone done this before, I quite fancy it and getting a good time if anyone wants to team up and work together on the day ?

Comments

• guillaume
    guillaume Posts: 35
    I had my eye on this, is this the one you mean?

The Cyclefit Fondo - Tour of the Marsh
    100km and 150km Romney Marsh, Kent | Sunday 19th September 2010
    The inaugural Cyclefit 100 KM and 150 KM Gran Fondo will take place in the stunning setting of Romney Marsh and the surrounding hills in this beautiful corner of Kent. There are amazing views of the coast. The event route will be on quiet country lanes and although the course will start out very flat on the Romney Marsh there will be a few hills at the end, especially on the 150 Km route to finish you off for the season. The event start / finish is only a 10 minute drive from the M20 and just a 1 hour drive from London. There is also a very easy train service from London direct to the start.
    Open car free roads and cross winds make for a fast and testing circuit
    The event route will be on quiet country lanes and although the course will start out very flat on the Romney Marsh there will be a several stiif climbs at the end of the 150km route.
    The event start / finish is only a 10 minute drive from the M20 and just a 1 hour drive from London. There is also a very easy train service from London direct to the start.

I would offer to team up...but i get the feeling you'd end up doing all the work.
  • Anonymous
    Yep, thats the one, 150km entered. :D

Got the dat wrong in the OP. :oops:
  • mallinov
    mallinov Posts: 143
    I'll be doing it, I think it's the first time they've staged it but from my experience of riding on the marsh it'll be windy!!! So I'm in your team DMC!
  • Anonymous
    mallinov wrote:
    I'll be doing it, I think it's the first time they've staged it but from my experience of riding on the marsh it'll be windy!!! So I'm in your team DMC!

Cool, I'll PM you my mobile number when I find my mobile. :oops: