belligerent armstrong defiiantly blasts children

jonnycon
jonnycon Posts: 116
edited July 2010 in Pro race
this is a direct quote from Lance Armstrong (it's on t'internet)

"If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell. "

It would appear that arrogant Armstrong is labelling all children as ignorant wretches before sarcastically insinuating we could learn from them. It then appears that he believes that there are only two options medically and emotionally ??? Is this some veiled reference encouraging others to follow his lead and dope, indeed he seems to advocate that doping strengthens the athlete emotionally and that the two are intrinsically linked.

Has anyone else noticed that Lord Voldemort is an anagram of Lance Armstrong ? Coincdence, I think not.

Comments

• paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    jonnycon wrote:

"If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell. "

It would appear that arrogant Armstrong is labelling all children as ignorant wretches before sarcastically insinuating we could learn from them. It then appears that he believes that there are only two options medically and emotionally ??? Is this some veiled reference encouraging others to follow his lead and dope, indeed he seems to advocate that doping strengthens the athlete emotionally and that the two are intrinsically linked.

Has anyone else noticed that Lord Voldemort is an anagram of Lance Armstrong ? Coincdence, I think not.

Talk about taking something out of context! He's talking about children with cancer. If you read it on the correct page in his book, it's obvious.

His idea was that we could learn from how kids deal with life. They don't prioritise how ill they are over other things in life. They just think "Make me better so I can go out and play", and we can learn a lot from that.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,641
    istockphoto_440872-hook-line-and-sinker.jpg
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    istockphoto_440872-hook-line-and-sinker.jpg

LOL! That's a good one. I like this one too:

troll.jpg
  • dg74
    dg74 Posts: 656
    jonnycon wrote:

Sweet Mary Mother of Jesus - are you insane?

I'd send you some medication but I fear you're too far gone for help now.
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    jonnycon wrote:

Talk about taking something out of context! He's talking about children with cancer. If you read it on the correct page in his book, it's obvious.

His idea was that we could learn from how kids deal with life. They don't prioritise how ill they are over other things in life. They just think "Make me better so I can go out and play", and we can learn a lot from that.

Step away please, nothing to see here!
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    jonnycon wrote:

Oh dear. Ever get the feeling you might have missed something?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    jonnycon wrote:

Jump off the band wagon please your embarrassing yourself.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    smithy21 wrote:
    jonnycon wrote:

Oh dear. Ever get the feeling you might have missed something?

If he did he's not the only one as I can't see any hint of sarcasm / irony in the OP
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Don't feed the troll.
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850
    I don't detect even a hint of irony in the OP's post. Even if he is trying to be funny its tasteless in the extreme to use childhood cancer as a springboard for his wit. Either way its obvious the OP is a total w nker
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    I don't detect even a hint of irony in the OP's post. Even if he is trying to be funny its tasteless in the extreme to use childhood cancer as a springboard for his wit. Either way its obvious the OP is a total w nker

+1
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    I don't detect even a hint of irony in the OP's post.

+1

Apart from

PS: there's no "v" and no "d"s in "Lance Armstrong".

Tasteless is a different question.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Ah, someone from Bolton's just got back from the pub & found his wife's being shagged by the neighbours!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.