lift pleeeeeeeeease from Edinburgh to Glentress????

frazzo
frazzo Posts: 7
edited August 2010 in MTB rides
hoping to head down with my bike on the 5th and 6th of August and was wondering if anyone with wheels was thinking the same?

Promise you a bit of craíc on the way down!?

Does anyone know if First Bus would take a bike if it was in a proper bike bag...? I suppose they don't have to know!!

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Greig M
    Greig M Posts: 86
    A coach would take a bike if it was in a bike bag no problem, But where would you keep the bag?

Ill post a link hold on
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Does anyone know if First Bus would take a bike if it was in a proper bike bag...?

I may be wrong, but I read a post a few weeks ago on here saying that all bus companies going that way prohibit bikes because of the demand for Glentress. Sucks if it's true. I'd phone the bus company to check.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • frazzo
    MmmmmI was thinking about that. Could ask nicely at the hub cafe or the nice people of peebles or just hide it somewhere in the forest. hmmmmmm I'm sure someone's faced this dilemma before!!!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Try Singletrackworld, there's a pretty strong edinburgh contingent in there. Usually I'd offer but that's a bad week :cry:

Public transport to Glentress is a disaster, it was probably me that mentioned about the buses, the local buses just will not allow bikes on even if there's space. People complained at the inconsistent service and as a result the bus company said "No bikes" They've been asked about adding continental-style bike racks, flat refused... Ridiculous.

Hiring a bike down there might be an option, the Hub is a good shop.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • frazzo
    Sitting smug with a big smile at the back of the bus. Bike on board! Albeit in a bag!

Roll on Glentress!