Giant Rapid 3 (2010)

simon132
simon132 Posts: 11
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi

I have c2w voucher (value £550) and am thinking of getting the Giant Rapid 3 2010 bike (ordering via halfords).

Does anyone know of a sizing chart / guide on this bike advising what size to get. I am 6'0" tall and think I will need a Large but want to check in case XL is needed. It's tough to find somewhere that has the bike in stock to try them out

Any other bikes in this price range that are worth looking at? I am looking to do a three mile (!) commute each day in a city and also do some longer runs at weekend (but have a trek road bike for really long summer runs).

Thanks !

Comments

• sc999cs
    sc999cs Posts: 596
    I have a Giant OCR 2T which is a predecessor (but with drops) to the bike you're looking at. I'm also 6' and have a medium frame, which I think is slightly small. I think you are actually looking at a choice between medium and large, not Large and XLarge. My Giant Escape which has a compact frame is a medium and the sticker recommends that size for riders up to 5'11".

Try phoning Giant on 0115 977 9500 or using this form. They're very helpful people.
    Steve C
  • chrishumes
    chrishumes Posts: 227
    if your using halfords mate, id go for the boardman. i wanted one of these if i could get one, but couldnt use halfords. my third choice was the giant mind, look good and ride well. i went for a ridgeback flight in the end.
  • simon132
    simon132 Posts: 11
    Yes, was also having a look at a boardman comp too.

Thanks for the replies