Stansted bike parking

Aidy
Aidy Posts: 2,015
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
Anyone know what it's like?

Thinking about riding over before a flight (and obviously back after).

Comments

• snailracer
    snailracer Posts: 968
    Aidy wrote:

There is a small covered bikestand in the car park near the tunnel to the terminal, IIRC. Not many spaces, but not many bikes there, either.
  • Aidy
    snailracer wrote:
    Aidy wrote:

There is a small covered bikestand in the car park near the tunnel to the terminal, IIRC. Not many spaces, but not many bikes there, either.

CCTV, in view of the terminal/staff etc.?
  • wikrok
    wikrok Posts: 4
    I was there a couple of days ago. The ones at the short term car park are quite a way from the terminal or any staff, and I didn't notice any obvious CCTV. IIRC there were a few bikes stripped down to frames there that looked pretty abandoned. I wouldn't want to leave a bike there for too long...
  • Aidy
    wikrok wrote:
    I was there a couple of days ago. The ones at the short term car park are quite a way from the terminal or any staff, and I didn't notice any obvious CCTV. IIRC there were a few bikes stripped down to frames there that looked pretty abandoned. I wouldn't want to leave a bike there for too long...

Thanks for that - guess I'll be taking the train then!
  • Just don't take your bike with you ifyou are flying Easyjet
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/artic ... unway.html
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Just don't take your bike with you ifyou are flying Easyjet
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/artic ... unway.html

That is quite common, I've had it happen to me twice. Even though you have paid the extra, they do not guarantee the bikes will be on the same flight as you. The first time it happended my bike arrived later the same day, the second time I had to wait 3 days for it. Real bummer when you're on a training camp, I had to hire a bike which just isn't the same....if I'm going to chuck myself down a mountain at 50mph I want to do it on a bike that I know inside out.