What a great picture!

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited July 2010 in Pro race
CHARTEAU-ARASHIRO004p.jpg

They say a picture paints a thousand words!

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Who's the bloke on the left?

Shouldn't Arashiro be wearing the jersey with the red dots on it, the Japanese rider already has a polka dot band on his shorts and sleeves.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    looks like a chuckle brother on a bike. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Did the guy on the right, riding no-handed, crash 3 seconds later?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    The polka dot bike is a themed product too much IMHO!
  • nicensleazy
    :lol::lol:
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Pross wrote:
    The polka dot bike is a themed product too much IMHO!

It looks like the bikes got measles!

Agree it's a bit OTT but if I ever won the a jersey in the tour i think i'd want to big it up a too...i should think the sponsors probably demand it in fact. Good on Charteau, not a big star but earning and enjoying what will almost certainly be the biggest achievement of his career.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Good on Charteau, not a big star but earning and enjoying what will almost certainly be the biggest achievement of his career.
    Don't forget he won La Tropicale Amissa Bongo this year.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I saw Arashiro mugging it up for the cameras with Contador too. Was it his first Tour?

Kinda nice to see that level of 'excitement' really.
  • inkyfingers
    Good on Charteau, not a big star but earning and enjoying what will almost certainly be the biggest achievement of his career.
    Don't forget he won La Tropicale Amissa Bongo this year.

Well haven't you made me look stupid now! I will go and read everything cycling related page of wikipedia before I post on here again..... :wink:
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I just want to state for the record, in case it comes out later he wasn't on the level, that I think something isn't quite right with Charteau winning the KOM. Maybe a debate for another post...
  • inkyfingers
    Pokerface wrote:
    I just want to state for the record, in case it comes out later he wasn't on the level, that I think something isn't quite right with Charteau winning the KOM. Maybe a debate for another post...

I would never assume that any rider is "clean" and would not be surprised if i'm proved wrong, but his ride didn't look particularly superhuman to me. He wasn't dropping Contador and Schleck in the mountains and winning stages from long solo breakaways, just getting in the right breaks and riding agressively for the points.
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850
    Pokerface wrote:

+1
    HGH is my guess
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Pokerface wrote:

You and everyone else.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pokerface wrote:

+1
    HGH is my guess

For god's sake, why do some people have point the finger at anyone who has a little success? He based his success on claiming some early points on some hills and then getting big points by getting in a breakaway on stage 9 (the four guys in that breakaway all finished in the top 7 of KOM). From then on he just worked harder at getting in key breaks than his breakaway rivals (Moreau, Cunego and Casar).

Nothing superhuman, just good hard work from someone given an opportunity of a career. He'd won the Tour of Langkawi in 2007 by winning a mountain stage by 4 minutes, so he has some form. Otherwise he's been restricted to domestique duties.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Pokerface wrote:

Nah, he's French, he must be clean.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

+1
    HGH is my guess

For god's sake, why do some people have point the finger at anyone who has a little success? .

I am afraid forums like this have spawned this kind of thinking.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Pokerface wrote:

+1
    HGH is my guess

Well I can remember a certain Mr Charteau killing everybody in the Tour de Langkawi a few years ago (about 5 years ago when he was with Credit Agricole)... And that race had Genting Highlands which is not exactly a pimple
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Pokerface wrote:

Care to elaborate more on why you think his performance may have been 'enhanced'?

I agree with other posters here. He got in good breaks to get his points.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    I think it goes something like this "I've never heard of him before and he's won something therefore must be doping". :wink:
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Anthony isn't the boniest looking fella is he ??

You can talk all you like about HGH etc.. I reckon the requisite for the spotty jersey in recent years is being ugly !!! 8)
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850
    Not bonny but bony - absolute giveaway for HGH I'm tellin ya - any more and his head 'll fall off
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • nicensleazy
    Well, he done well in the TDF through good old fashion hard work!
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    cant Bbox even afford sponsered gloves ? :lol: