RPCC 31 Jul / 1 Aug

2»

Comments

• 3stripe
    3stripe Posts: 40
    That route looks like a good workout.

Didn't realise how far away Richmond is from Hackney, I'll be getting the train down I reckon
    CycleLove — celebrating bike culture
    www.cyclelove.net
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    Looks like a good turnout tomorrow! See you all there at 8am.

I did the CCC last year and it was a fantastic day out. 125 miles and we averaged about 18mph. Got home and collapsed in a big heap. Will definitely be doing it on the 14th August. Here's the route I got from last years thread:

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=44253
  • 3stripe
    So where is the exact meeting point tomorrow (Sat) morning? The west side of the park as on the route?

(Some contact details would be handy... my email is my username @ gmail.com)

If I do make it I'll be on a plain blue old Raleigh.

:)
    www.cyclelove.net
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Sorry guys should have cleared this up earlier. Richmond Gate, white building on the right as you come in (right as you go out...). See you all there for 8am tomorrow!!
  • RaGzMaN
    RaGzMaN Posts: 32
    Hi guys,
    The route posted to Garmin Connect, are you guys doing this on Sunday as well? If so id be up for that :-)
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    I am up for a sunday ride, but only if it leaves at 9:00... Up for any route, as long as someone knows it.

Where did you leave the route in Garmin Connect???
  • london-red
    Good ride today - although with a wet start and a little slower than usual. Good to see some new faces, and I hope you got back okay Oliver and Alain.

A puncture each for myself and Tyskie is about the only thing to report...

Definitely up for another ride tomorrow - not sure whether it will be the same route or something a little different to keep it interesting.
  • gbs
    gbs Posts: 450
    CCC: will we follow the route that Tyksie posted at about three above this post? If so I will print a copy from OS Memory Map if any body wants the of comfort of paper.
    vintage newbie, spinning away
  • london-red
    Not sure - I'll be following on this one as I haven't done it before. The chances are pretty high though...
  • london-red
    Right, so we're definitely on for tomorrow - this time, to mark the traditional day of rest, we're giving ourselves a lie in... 9am at Richmond Gate.

I count a few people

Myself
    J09
    Bonduras
    RaGzMaN
    Berns

Any others???
  • RaGzMaN
    Do we have a route or pace in mind?
  • RaGzMaN
    Actually for that matter a duration also, what time 'should' we be back?
    Cheers
  • gbs
    gbs Posts: 450
    Count me in please.
    vintage newbie, spinning away
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    Bon soir all

Tomorrow seems a bit up in the air still? I'm going to be heading out earlier rather than later as I need to be back before 12 now. No worries if the consensus is that a later start is preferable - I'll keep an eye on this thread this evening, but in any event I'm sure I'll catch up with you all another day. C2C2C on the 14th if not before.

Have a good one
  • bondurant
    Wow - it all happened while I was writing my last post!

Too late for me - see you another time I hope

Cheers
  • london-red
    Okay - route will be a variation of today, but a bit faster. Average speed about 17 which equates to about 20 on the flat and in the group. We were talking today about missing out shere and going straight through effingham and up on to Ranmore - although let's see where it takes us.

Bondurant, sorry it didn't work out this time - we'll be heading back for 12.30/1.00 at the latest.
  • bondurant
    No worries. I was going to be OK for time, now I'm not - c'est la vie famille.

Look out for a blue Planet X on Ranmore, Coldharbour, Leith and say hello if you have the breath to speak!
  • FHKJ
    FHKJ Posts: 151
    Obviously I'm rubbish and the rain delayed me till I managed a couple of weak hours in the park at 10am-ish. Need to be home by 11am tomorrow, so again, I'm going to fail... I'll be in the park from 8.30am-ish, so if you see a white Synaps looking bored it'll be me...
  • holybinch
    holybinch Posts: 417
    Hey guys,

Thanks for coping with me today, we got back alright, and I was actually fine for the last hour.
    Next time I'll be more careful and eat better the previous day, I totally bonked it.
    First time it happens to me, it feels really weird.

Anyway, I'll try and join again sometime soon :)
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • FHKJ
    I waved to two of you at the gate at 9am, can I log that as a ride on my Garmin?
  • 3stripe
    Thanks for putting up with my slowness on Saturday guys. Really enjoyed it, despite the wet start.

Need to find some less fit people to ride with, but maybe I'll be back next year with a new bike and stronger legs.
    www.cyclelove.net
  • london-red
    Good run out today - same route as yesterday except a bit faster and with more punctures (James, pm your mobile number and I'll sort you out with a new tube..

Good to meet you ragzman - make sure you get a pass for the CCC!!

3stripe - no worries, you'll be surprised how quickly you get the fitness if you keep hammering those hills...

GBS - my puncture antics (3 - or was it 4??) meant we were late to box so sorry we missed you.

Francis, were you going anti clockwise on an old Cannondale? Think I might have spotted you close to Kingston Gate...

Until next time 8)
  • FHKJ
    edited August 2010
    Old? Old????? Nah, my beautiful Synapse HM training bike was sauntering anti today for no other reason than I'm bored of clockwise. 3 laps and home sharpish was the order of the day, but I am without family next weekend, so David, perhaps you can start a thread tonight????
  • RaGzMaN
    Nice one guys, great ride and good to meet all of you. Sorry if I tainted your average speed a bit, I was on the limit towards the end of the day and certainly feeling the legs today, 2 cakes for the win!
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    A very god one indeed. My legs felt it yesterday...