Holborn Metrobank this morning

Aidy
Aidy Posts: 2,015
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
They had some signs with "Cyclist Pitstop" and so forth when I span past this morning.

Anyone know what it was about?
Had some attempts at handing me a fluro wristband thingy - tried to pick collect one but was going a bit too quickly and there were a few too many cars to be dealing with stuff.

They'd have been loads better standing across the road, by the lights, rather than right after them.

Comments

• rich_e
    rich_e Posts: 389
    All I can find is a quick goggle that a similar thread exists on LFGSS:

http://www.lfgss.com/thread47886.html
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    That's one of the sites Ken Livingstone had earmarked for undergdound cycling facilities. There was going to be underground parking, shower facilities and lockers. I think the whole idea was shelved by Bozo... Perhaps this is some attempt at recompense for cyclists?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    It's got nothing to do with cycling. Just about a bank opening. I took the free stuff, which was forced on me as I was stopped at some lights and surrounded by people shouting at me. 'free rucksack cover sir?' me 'does this look like a rucksack' whilst pointing at my carradice bag. 'i'll put one on anyway sir' me 'no really don't

Metrobankonline.co.uk
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    What was the free stuff?
  • rich_e
    rich_e Posts: 389
    gaz545 wrote:
    It's got nothing to do with cycling. Just about a bank opening. I took the free stuff, which was forced on me as I was stopped at some lights and surrounded by people shouting at me. 'free rucksack cover sir?' me 'does this look like a rucksack' whilst pointing at my carradice bag. 'i'll put one on anyway sir' me 'no really don't

Metrobankonline.co.uk

I haven't encountered them, or had them try and give me anything.
    But I'm already annoyed at the fact that I clicked on their website and it shrunk my browser window. Their web design doesn't inspire me with confidence!
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    It's the 1st new high street bank to open in the UK for over 100 years! All new banks recently have been online subsidiaries of existing banks mostly
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.