I shouldn't have laughed but I did

hisoka
hisoka Posts: 541
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
Today was a "well really it is your own fault it happened" day.

Was on a long straight road, chappy passed me on a hybrid whilst I waited at lights and he went straight through the red. 'Right' I thought and head down I put down the power to catch and pass him. By the time I was 2 yards behind another red light was coming up but this time with full on queue of traffic and no real way to filter (was too tight between the cars etc.). So the chap decides to not slow down and hop onto the pavement, before I can think 'tosser' as he didn't even look really for pedestrians (it is hard to tell there even if standing to see people) he hits a "no parking" sign and slams into the pole. Somehow he doesn't come off, I stop to ask how he is and he just give me the reversed v sign and cycles off down the pavement.

This could have made me chuckle, but it wasn't the end. He is there bombing down the pavement and the traffic starts to move, the pedistrians having to get out his way as he isn't giving a sh*te about them. He hops back onto the road right in front of the traffic starting off, not even looking. I can believe fully he didn't look as he hopped in front of a police car, and doesn't look back, not until the lights and siren start and he is pulled over. It was then I started to laugh, alot as I rode by.
"This area left purposefully blank"
Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)

Comments

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    You were right to laugh.

I think I would have stopped, pointed and then done a Nelson Muntz "ha ha!".
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    "Shouldn't have laughed"? You should have videoed it and posted it on youtube so EVERYONE can laugh.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • SamWise1972
    SamWise1972 Posts: 220
    I dream of seeing this happen. I was at at the place on Oxford street where the Eastbound lane closes, and a guy just behind me simply hopped the pavement and rode at the pedestrians. On the pavement. On Oxford Street. Amazing.
  • navt
    navt Posts: 374
    Ah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah! There is a God after all. What a dumbass.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    LMFAO!!!

I wish i could have seen that.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    lovely and well deserved comuppance but one question

why do you feel the need to mention it was a hybrid he was riding?

you make it sound like an us and them'ist post with that

a-holes sit on all sorts of seats.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266

Just to make sure we all knew from the off that the guy was a numpty?

here fishy fishy fishy
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    lovely and well deserved comuppance but one question

you make it sound like an us and them'ist post with that

a-holes sit on all sorts of seats.

Nope, to show it wasn't a jump bike which seems most common for a-holes in Nottingham's cycling community, and not a road bike (as saying I could catch a road bike in my fitness state/shape would just make people die of shock, myself included).

I don't ride a road bike, I ride something 'different', a Bike Friday Llama, which on it's classification is a folding mountain bike.

BUT I can see the 'them and us' potential reading of what I wrote, for that I am sorry. I will go on record I hate a-holes no matter what they ride, and am happy to ride with good riders on anything they ride, except carbon as it makes me cry that I could not ever ride it :lol:
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)