Coping with TdF withdrawl symptoms

Cressers
Cressers Posts: 1,329
edited July 2010 in The bottom bracket
So we'll need to wait another year. I try to console myself with the forthcomming Tour of Britain and Tour of Ireland but it's not the same...

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I know, I'm feeling it already, sad innit?
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    Even the comming football season offers me no cheer, I'm a Pompey supporter...
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    2 hour look back on the 2010 TDF on ITV at 7.00pm tonight :D
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    You could always buy Pro Cycling Manager 2010, play that and tell me if it's any cop! At least it looks like Le Tour!

http://www.cycling-manager.com/pcm/
  • mercsport
    mercsport Posts: 664
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    2 hour look back on the 2010 TDF on ITV at 7.00pm tonight :D

Well, that'll be something to look forward to tonight. :D It's been the best TdF ever I think, and I'll miss the wit and wisdom of Gary Imlach as much as anything else until next year. ITV4 put on as good a show as any I've seen on the telly (and I've been watching it as long as Phil Ligget has been commentating on it! :cry: ).
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Tour of Poland August 2nd-8th.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Cressers wrote:
    So we'll need to wait another year. I try to console myself with the forthcomming Tour of Britain and Tour of Ireland but it's not the same...

Tour of Ireland been cancelled due to money probs.

There also the Eneco Tour which will be on eurosport along with tour of POland and of course the beautiful Vuelta for those who fancy getting an end of year tan.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    pst88 wrote:
    Tour of Poland August 2nd-8th.

I know depressing isn't it?
  • zippypablo
    zippypablo Posts: 398
    mountain stages of the vuelta, the worlds, lombardy and san sebastian all worth a watch.
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • IronHorse100
    IronHorse100 Posts: 302
    mercsport wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    I'll miss the wit and wisdom of Gary Imlach as much as anything else until next year. ITV4 put on as good a show as any I've seen on the telly (and I've been watching it as long as Phil Ligget has been commentating on it! :cry: ).
    +1 Imlach, Boulting & Boardman hit the spot. Ligget & Sherwen - yes naff but wouldn't be the same without them. Well done ITV. Podcast also v.good.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Shame it was littered with so much advertising. I actually streamed it via the interweb with very few advertisements.
  • secretsqizz
    secretsqizz Posts: 424
    MYP2P cycling page is empty :cry:
    My pen won't write on the screen
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    Working part time, the Tour has given me something to do in the afternoons. Now I have nothing. I reckon I'll go out a ride. It's not the same, but it'll have to do.

Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    There's been a police helicopter circling overhead for the last 5 minutes. Keep being tempted to look outside in case the peloton is nearby.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,639
    mercsport wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    I'll miss the wit and wisdom of Gary Imlach as much as anything else until next year. ITV4 put on as good a show as any I've seen on the telly (and I've been watching it as long as Phil Ligget has been commentating on it! :cry: ).
    +1 Imlach, Boulting & Boardman hit the spot. Ligget & Sherwen - yes naff but wouldn't be the same without them. Well done ITV. Podcast also v.good.

Subscribe to the Real Peloton podcast on iTunes. Done by Matt Rendell and Ned Boulting
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    I am actually looking forward to the Vuelta.

Is the Real Peloton podcast good? I have been downloading it but never listened.
  • nadir
    nadir Posts: 115
    Cressers wrote:
    Even the comming football season offers me no cheer, I'm a Pompey supporter...
    a pompey fan? you lucky bustard!
    just think of the agonies miserable wretches like me have to go through, i`m a celtic fan and i find myself just wishing that the football season was over, having seen our first result in the champions league qualifiers