Padded Shorts.

swiftyx2
swiftyx2 Posts: 203
edited July 2010 in MTB general
Folks,

Ex roadie here quick question?,
Do you folks wear padded cycling shorts under your baggies?.
Only asking as brought some Baggies with built in liner and found them rather warm today!!!!, boiled bits if you know what I mean!!!!!!!!.
ATB Steve.
Eddy Merckx EMX-3 Carbon Athena
Marin Attack Trail 6.8
Marin Wolfridge 6.8 Stolen by sum Scum Bags
Trek 6500
Bianchi Carbon

Comments

• wore non padded lycra for the 1st time (as in i've never ever worn lycra before) under some baggies and loved it!

£10 for the lycra shorts - no hungry ass syndrome, no chafing. completely forgot i had them on!!
  • tony620
    tony620 Posts: 194
    worn padded shorts once with baggies. found it more uncomfortable so now i just wear the baggies.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Just wear some decent padded shorts, sod the baggies!
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Always wear padded shorts myself, either Endura padded inners and baggies, Fox or Altura padded baggies.
    Never tried Lycra shorts to be honest, I think I'm hetero to ever wear that kind of attire..
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Fat people shouldn't wear lycra, otherwise it's the most effective clothing IMO, people think you look like a knob either way, may as well be a comfortable knob :-)
  • swiftyx2
    swiftyx2 Posts: 203
    Got myself some Endura humervie (sum thing or other) and found wearing the inner and baggie that I got rather hot down there!.
    Are the padded briefs any better?, never used the before.

ATB Steve.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3 Carbon Athena
    Marin Attack Trail 6.8
    Marin Wolfridge 6.8 Stolen by sum Scum Bags
    Trek 6500
    Bianchi Carbon
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    I wear bib shorts under my baggies, can't say I ever got overly hot 'down there' but I do prefer lightweight baggies for comfort so that helps (like the Spesh Enduro or Royal F-Techs).
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580
    edited July 2010
    Padded shorts under baggies until I get home... Then off come the baggies and the mrs starts whistling.*

* or tells me to get a shower and put some jeans on. :roll:
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • Chronicbint
    Chronicbint Posts: 172
    Swiftyx2 wrote:
    Got myself some Endura humervie (sum thing or other) and found wearing the inner and baggie that I got rather hot down there!.
    Are the padded briefs any better?, never used the before.

ATB Steve.

I have those and have not had any problems. :) On some reasonably hot days hasn't been an issue, max I have done is around a 4 hour ride though.
  • depends what kind of riding im doin. if its just a blast round the local woods, then just baggies, but if its an all day EPIC over MENTAL terrain, lycra shorts under baggies for defo
    Am i strange in that i actually ENJOY going up hills? Yes, yes i am.

PS: Full - Sussers are for SOFTIES AND BIG GIRLS