I do hope bouygues telecom continue their sponsorship

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited July 2010 in Pro race
I heard through the grape vine that Bouygues Telecom are no longer going to Sponsor Team Bbox.........anyone heard this???

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Yes, this is true.

La Poste were rumoured to be taking over but that has been denied.

Was talk of the regional sponsor stepping up.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • doddy178
    doddy178 Posts: 66
    L'Equipe has been reporting this week that the Vendée region is stepping up and sponsoring it - as the team is from the region anyway.

€6 million is needed. The region council will put up €2 million with the remaining €4 million coming from a mix of local businesses.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Main sponsor of the Vendee then a whole host of other sponsors. Sound familiar?

2_0021477_1_thumb2.jpg
  • nicensleazy
    Which is a shame because Bbox Bouygues Telecom Team have done very well this year. Especially in the Giro and the TDF!
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    Which is a shame because Bbox Bouygues Telecom Team have done very well this year. Especially in the Giro and the TDF!

Er, well it will be the same team, just a different headline sponsor. What difference does it make?
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    hope they do get a new sponsor and keep going.

Don't forget that Caisse D'Espagne is the same team as Reynolds from the 80s that then became Banesto etc and is still going.
  • nicensleazy
    Stuey01 wrote:

Er, well it will be the same team, just a different headline sponsor. What difference does it make?

point taken....but I think it would be nice if Bouygues Telecom continued!
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    point taken....but I think it would be nice if Bouygues Telecom continued!

they will be missed - not least because it was fun listening to all the commentators trying to pronounce it....

"booee-gooee", er, "boogoy", er, "bowgoo", er......