Congratulations?

Fastlad
Fastlad Posts: 908
edited July 2010 in Pro race
Will Lance congratulate Alberto today? I'm a big Lance supporter but i'll be disappointed if he shuns Alberto on his big day.

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I doubt it.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Well he is only an EX-team mate and you know how well he gets on with them. :lol:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Fastlad wrote:
    I'm a big Lance supporter
    GO Novitsky, GO man.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I'm waiting on Dennis to cough on our little wager on whether any rider from 'Retirement Shack' would finish on the podium - the best they could muster was 39 year-old Horner in 10th.. som c'mon Dennis, cough!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Lance will congratulate him.

Why not?
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    I would not want to be congratulated by a dodgy character like LA especially after his little publicity stunt this morning..

I doubt AC will be loosing any sleep over who congratulates him.. I think he is more concerned about his form that seems to have eluded him this year..
    cartoon.jpg
  • Fastlad
    Not even a mention of Contadors victory on LA's twitter :shock: It's very poor sportsmanship IMO. Yeah sure, he's no doubt pissed off at his own demise but age is a b!tch and he had zero luck on this tour. One could argue (if supersticious) that this was his 13th tour and he really wasn't supposed to be even riding again after retiring!
    One word for Lance......KARMA.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Monty Dog wrote:
    I'm waiting on Dennis to cough on our little wager on whether any rider from 'Retirement Shack' would finish on the podium - the best they could muster was 39 year-old Horner in 10th.. som c'mon Dennis, cough!

Err, they all finished on the podium as Shack were the best team overall so you actually lose your bet. Astana were 5th and Saxo weren't even top 10
    M.Rushton
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    To clarify, my bet was that no RS rider would finish top 3 on GC - but knowing Dennis, he'll claim he was on an acid trip or something...
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Monty Dog wrote:
    To clarify, my bet was that no RS rider would finish top 3 on GC - but knowing Dennis, he'll claim he was on an acid trip or something...

Psst: http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... 5#16346295
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    Armstrong and his team walked past Contador on their way to the podium and I saw only one rider shake hands with him and that was not Armstrong.
  • Fastlad
    csp wrote:
    Armstrong and his team walked past Contador on their way to the podium and I saw only one rider shake hands with him and that was not Armstrong.

hmm. P!ss poor.
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    afx237vi wrote:
    Monty Dog wrote:

Psst: http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... 5#16346295
    Yeah ....absolutey, Dennis asked for your address, to make good ... credit where it's due,
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    deejay wrote:
    Fastlad wrote:
    I'm a big Lance supporter
    GO Novitsky, GO man.

The diefication goes on.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    edited July 2010
    Fastlad wrote:
    Not even a mention of Contadors victory :shock: It's very poor sportsmanship IMO. .

Just had a look at George Hincapies twitter not even a mention of Contadors victory :shock: It's very poor sportsmanship IMO

Just had a look at Dave Zabriskies twitter not even a mention of Contadors victory :shock: It's very poor sportsmanship IMO

Just had a look at Mick Rogers twitter not even a mention of Contadors victory :shock: It's very poor sportsmanship IMO

Just had a look at Christian Vande Veldes twitter not even a mention of Contadors victory :shock: It's very poor sportsmanship IMO

Just had a look at Ivan Bassos twitter not even a mention of Contadors victory :shock: It's very poor sportsmanship IMO

Just had a look at Marco Pinottis twitter not even a mention of Contadors victory :shock: It's very poor sportsmanship IMO

Just had a look at Levi Leipheimers twitter not even a mention of Contadors victory :shock: It's very poor sportsmanship IMO
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    Just had a look at my twitter ... no mention of what's his name winning .... what was it again ? I do remember Mark Cavendish winning 5 stages, and I was there today !
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    @Moray. Did that nasty deejay wind you up picking on poor little Lance, what bullies these forum people are. Simple little Lance, pure as the driven snow, cancer survivor and charity hero, and all these horrible forum people always trying to knock him back. How I admire you defenders of the gospel of Armstrong.
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    Doobz wrote:
    I would not want to be congratulated by a dodgy character like LA especially after his little publicity stunt this morning

What publicity stunt? I've been out all day, what happened??
  • moray_gub
    dougzz wrote:
    @Moray. Did that nasty deejay wind you up picking on poor little Lance, what bullies these forum people are. Simple little Lance, pure as the driven snow, cancer survivor and charity hero, and all these horrible forum people always trying to knock him back. How I admire you defenders of the gospel of Armstrong.

Nothing to do with Lance or his story i am only asking the question why he has to show congratulations when its obvious that others have not done so either. So the questions is why one cyclist has to somehow do something others apparently dont have to ? As for Deejay :lol: when i start to worry about his incoherent ramblings then its time to horse myself of the Forth Bridge.
  • Fastlad
    Moray- i'll gladly launch you aff the fourth bridge, My point is not about ANY other rider congratulating Contador, it's about Lance. Ya thicko!!!!
  • Doobz
    Doobz wrote:
    I would not want to be congratulated by a dodgy character like LA especially after his little publicity stunt this morning

What publicity stunt? I've been out all day, what happened??

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jul/25 ... -breaking/
    cartoon.jpg
  • moray_gub
    Fastlad wrote:
    Moray- i'll gladly launch you aff the fourth bridge, My point is not about ANY other rider congratulating Contador, it's about Lance. Ya thicko!!!!

You dont get it do you ok i will slow it down for you so as its a bit easier for you to follow

But the question remains why single out Lance for not congratulating him ? What's the big f*ckin deal about Lance that you feel he has to congratulate Contador ?
  • moray_gub
    Fastlad wrote:
    fourth bridge, My point is not about ANY other rider congratulating Contador, it's about Lance. Ya thicko!!!!

fourth bridge

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: and you call me thicko :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Doobz
    Bunch of shifty looking characters..

1005522ecc6e1b93685232d39727fa32-getty-102149792ga072_le_tour_2010.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • What is the significance of the national flags on those shirts? Is it the countries where the team members are from?
  • jamlala
    jamlala Posts: 284
    Fastlad wrote:

What a pleasant person you are.
    Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
    Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
    Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
    Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • paulcuthbert
    Radioshack should have used that jersey instead of the red/grey one. Much cooler!
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Radioshack should have used that jersey instead of the red/grey one. Much cooler!

What's with the flags? They look like medals a la Patton:

patton.jpg

Were they won in the 'war' against cancer?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • paulcuthbert
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

What's with the flags?

It's a nice touch, representing all the countries of the team. Seems better than world championship bands for those riders who have won their national championships
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    When I was 5 my mum made me go to Boy Scouts (she's still paying for the treatment some 33 years later), I use to wear a uniform just like Sir Lance's.