New RS forks now on site

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited July 2010 in MTB general
Here:

http://www.sram.com/rockshox/category/7

The top end Revelation weighs just 3.28lbs!!! Reba still exists, though I can't see why given the Revs, and the new Recon Silver is just the same as old top end Toras ie Race.

Comments

• GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Thanks for the heads up, there's some reading to do :D
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    RC, TK, RC2C, RC2L, RLT..........

I feel dizzy.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i wonder if the new 2 position travel system is actually any diferent to the older 2step?
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    been there over a week ;-) some nice new forks though
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • n.battison
    n.battison Posts: 57
    When will the seckors be on sale, i really want some.
    My Bikes And Me
    A bicycle can't stand alone; it is two tired.
  • supersonic
    I think we are looking at early September. A basic revelation may be a better bet though.
  • n.battison
    n.battison Posts: 57
    I like the look of the different coloured crowns though, all forks seem to be coping fox and going the way of the matching crowns now days, i think i will go with some white pike 327 and no bother waiting.
    My Bikes And Me
    A bicycle can't stand alone; it is two tired.
  • Domain DC?

If its the same price as a boxxer wouldn't you just buy a boxxer?!

Wonder how much... read a few rumors of £600 :shock:
  • supersonic
    Is a lot tougher than boxxer, and with simpler internals will not need to be serviced as much. Is more of a FR fork, than a race DH fork.
  • So is the boxxer getting lighter then?!

too many forks now :lol:
  • supersonic
    Well the WC is less than 6lbs [just]. The Domain, in the press release, is designed to be a tougher units, especially those stanchions from dents and scratches.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    new 2 x 10 drivetrains are up tooo :D

all looks fantastic, even X7 looks half decent 8) RS have wayyyyy to many forks

why not just have the sid, rev, lyrik, boxxer, pike in various form at differing price points keep the old style race, team, sl for lower end and use the new system for the high end???
  • supersonic
    Nobody understood the old names lol, but I agree it is better than the mix they have now. Rebas have MoCo compression, so why not RLC, or RLCT? They could have done a better job.
  • lm_trek
    lm_trek Posts: 1,470
    The 2x10 kit does look great, but so does the shimano slx variant as well.

Will be interesting when we see it on the off the peg bikes and how well it sells.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Was searching around for prices on some of the 2x10 stuff, mostly because it will look nice on my bike, fisher have the rrps posted on their public website, whether these will change or not remains to be seen, here's the link to the rs stuff

http://www.fisheroutdoor.co.uk//find.as ... &brand=330
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    lm_trek wrote:
    The 2x10 kit does look great, but so does the shimano slx variant as well.

Will be interesting when we see it on the off the peg bikes and how well it sells.

having ridden both sets of ten speed stuff at BRL, i can say ill definitly be switching to sram, way better shifting and the gear ratios are excellent, new X0 kicks new Xtr's ass, the xtr felt pretty average tbh, and i doubt it was set up as i rode two whyte t120's one with new xtr and one with new x7 and much prefered the sram gear. all shimano's crap about how it works better with full sussers is bull crap too, they felt pretty much exactly the same and both bikes were set idenitcally i.e. shock/fork pressures. shimano have lost major ground in the gear war imo
  • supersonic
    It has always been preference - I have yet to try the new stuff, but smooth shifting is key for me, and no sram has done that for me ever. Shimano still have dual ring options in wide ratio.

The full suss thing is defintely rubbish though. It may make some designs worse if the chainline is not optimised.
  • xtreem
    If someone hasn't noticed, there will be no Pikes from now on, and no Tora 318.

And also what does the Ti letters mean on the forks?
    No Titanium mentioned in the description, unless it refers to the BlackBox MC, which is stupid.
    :roll: :lol:
  • mini-eggs
    mini-eggs Posts: 811
    Can't wait for the Sektor to come out, its exactly the fork upgrade i need and looks to be a decent price.
    Follow me on....Google+
    Shop here....eBay Shop
  • supersonic
    Xtreem wrote:
    If someone hasn't noticed, there will be no Pikes from now on, and no Tora 318.

And also what does the Ti letters mean on the forks?
    No Titanium mentioned in the description, unless it refers to the BlackBox MC, which is stupid.
    :roll: :lol:

The Ti does refer to the damper, which instead of being the big delrin block is a svelter ti unit.

The Toras has been progressively dumbed down over the years - thw Recon Silver takes over the old XC range.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,762
    Glad I'm not the only one who's had problems wrapping his head around the SRAM fork range...takes bit of time to digest !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • supersonic
    I like choice, but this is too far - in an effort to reach evey single price point, they have a massive array of forks. If just looking at dampers...

Rebound
    Dual Flow rebound
    Turnkey
    Motion Control with fixed floodgate
    Motion Control with tooled floodgate
    Motion Control with external floodgate
    Motion Control with dual flow rebound
    Motion Control with Integrated Shimstack
    Black Box Motion Control
    Mission Control
    Mission Control DH

Then the springs...
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Shame about the Pike really, it seemed like it'd be on its way out since the old model's been left to decay for ages but still, it's a bit of a thing of legend is the Pike. A 150mm one with all the new developments to parallel the Rev would have been nice.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • supersonic
    The new Argyle RCT looks to be the samefork as a Pike.
  • max丨mo
    max丨mo Posts: 177
    So merlin have the Recon Silver TK forks for £112.50. Seems like a good price considering their Tora range are considerably more expensive.

What's the crack with these forks? Any good?
  • supersonic
    They are the same as Tora SL TK.
  • xtreem
    supersonic wrote:
    The Ti does refer to the damper, which instead of being the big delrin block is a svelter ti unit.
    That makes sence, but still there will be a bunch of people wondering the same.